Funniest situations in games

General discussion on board games
Caffe Latte

Funniest situations in games

Post by Caffe Latte »

I can't stop smiling remembering that in Love letter once a first move was played Baron while holding a Bishop and there was a Princess revealed.
Jest Phulin

Re: Funniest situations in games

Post by Jest Phulin »

Not on this site, but my favorite of all time was when I was playing Word on the Street with my nephews.
For those unfamiliar with the game, it is a team vs team tug-of-war with letters. A category is revealed, and one team must spell a word that fits the category, pulling letters to their side as they spell it. If they get it past a certain spot, they capture the letter. One of the rules states that the opposing team can offer suggestions for the word, no matter how helpful. :lol:

Anyway, I was playing with my nephews David and William, who were on opposite teams. The category came up "Something that smells bad." William immediately shouts out "David!" David looks down at the board, and replies, "Well, it would allow us to capture the 'D'."
souly4

Post by souly4 »

If you allow me the excursion to video games... We (my brother and I) played Gran Turismo (among other games) extensively on PS1, and I don't know anymore which mode it was... but it was not a short distance until finish, and it has been pretty close all way. Then at the last straight, the one behind accelerated better and so could make up for his little deficit, to the degree that it was not predictable who will get first eventually. Then we passed the finish line and were stunned when gazing at the result... it was +0.000, meaning we both had the same time even rounded to a thousandth of a second :P

Concerning board games, I did have quite a bit crazy luck/bad luck moments in my time on BGA, without being able to recall the majority of them off the top of my head though. I guess they are just that anyways - improbable rather than funny.
iliz sera

Post by iliz sera »

Well I always feel traumatized when playing P.I. and opponent has 3 aspects in a space... then somehow they use the investigator to get it in the first or second move. Life is useless literally that moment :)
Usay Dress A H

Post by Usay Dress A H »

Backgammon: The dice "rolled" by itself.
My username ends with a capital H and a space bar.
voriki

Post by voriki »

Caffe Latte wrote: 12 July 2019, 09:36 I can't stop smiling remembering that in Love letter once a first move was played Baron while holding a Bishop and there was a Princess revealed.
At least, if the others don't take you out in the following turn, you can get rid of your Bischop. Something you can't do in a 4 player game when the Princess caught a Countess(albeit that move is more likely to occur).

The worst times are if you have to suicide with a Princess+Prince when your last opponent is Handmaidened.
compte obelète

Post by compte obelète »

Well, you said games, so it doesn't matter if it is board game, video game, sports games. :ugeek:

One day, my brother and one of his friends play together and one of them said "arc à flash" "Bow and flash", pretty funny moments.
NaceWindu

Post by NaceWindu »

On BGA, playing werewolf I was the fortune teller and was put in love by cupido. I forgot this fact a round or two into the game. I checked my lover much later in the game and found they were a werewolf. Problem was, I forgot I was in love so I called out the werewolf the next day. Hilarity ensued, naturally.

Off of BGA, playing Pandemic one time we got a few turns into the game and hadn't had any epidemics come up yet. "This is going strangely well" we thought, then I looked over in the box and realized I had forgotten to put the epidemics into the deck :lol: No wonder it was so easy.
ViolentSilence

Post by ViolentSilence »

Incan Gold on Friday
First Round:
Snake. Snake.
Second Round:
Fire. Fire.
Third Round
Fire. FIre.

It was the first time playing the game on here for two people and they thought the game might have been broken, but the 4th round was the other extreme - very, very generous so that one player dropped out with two idols I think before any hazards actually revealed themselves!

I've also had a game of Pandemic not last 1 round because of an early epidemic card which was pretty funny
Jest Phulin

Post by Jest Phulin »

ViolentSilence wrote: 18 October 2020, 16:03 I've also had a game of Pandemic not last 1 round because of an early epidemic card which was pretty funny
I was playing a 3-player Cthulhu Pandemic once. Before I took my first turn, 2 old gods had already awoken. :(

Return to “Discuss about board games”