Bounty hunting: bugfixing heroes, we want you!

Game development with Board Game Arena Studio
Een

Bounty hunting: bugfixing heroes, we want you!

Post by Een »

Dear BGA Studio developers,

This beginning of the year, we are introducing something new on BGA Studio: Bounty Hunting! There is now 153 games online on BGA (wow!). But there is still only 2 admins (yes, really!). Over time, some developers can't always continue maintaining their games for various reasons (life!) and sure, sometimes the games are perfect, but most of the time some bugs are still hiding in the corners!

Of course, admins alone cannot maintain such a big number of games.

So we decided to offer a bounty for squashing bugs. This bounty is paid in months of Premium membership subscription. We usually offer a Premium subscription to developers who complete a game for release on BGA, but there is a lot of developers registered on the studio: we hope than some developers who don't have the time to do a full game can still be interested in fixing bugs. We'll see!

So there is now a "Bounty hunting" menu entry leading to the bounties page listing the top voted reports to handle. Let's clean up the Wild West! :)
https://studio.boardgamearena.com/#!bounties
RicardoRix

Re: Bounty hunting: bugfixing heroes, we want you!

Post by RicardoRix »

should it go hand-in-hand that any game on the bounty hunter list should by default have read-only access granted to everyone?
Een

Post by Een »

RicardoRix wrote: 26 July 2019, 15:38 should it go hand-in-hand that any game on the bounty hunter list should by default have read-only access granted to everyone?
Some developers may have disabled readonly access, or the project may not even be on the studio for some reason (mainly if it has not been developed on the studio in the first place).

So in some cases as mentioned in the description of the bounty hunting page, you may have to request access by emailing the studio address.
EllieK

Post by EllieK »

What if the bug fix is "Not a Bug". I researched the Troyes bug at the top of the list and realize that the solution is already provided right there in the bug report. All that is needed is for an "official" to type up the solution in an organized fashion, mark the bug as not a bug, and close it?
Een

Post by Een »

EllieK wrote: 09 August 2019, 14:34 What if the bug fix is "Not a Bug". I researched the Troyes bug at the top of the list and realize that the solution is already provided right there in the bug report. All that is needed is for an "official" to type up the solution in an organized fashion, mark the bug as not a bug, and close it?
Well then in this is not a bug, yes :)
But actually a volunteer developer requested access, so I don't know if it is about this bug or something else.
tchobello

Post by tchobello »

Hello, I've had a look at BATTLESHIP and have fixed two bugs.

You were able to click on row 0 and column 0.
battleship.js line 712

Code: Select all

var x = ss[2];
				var y = ss[3];
				//26082019 you can't click on row 0 or column 0
				if (x*y>0)
				{
					var gpos = this.gridPosition(id);
					var grid = this.getX_YfromOffset(gpos);

if (this.attackGrid == null || this.attackGrid != grid) {
						this.attackGrid = grid;
						dojo.query(".selected").removeClass("selected");
						dojo.addClass(id,'selected');
						this.setDescriptionOnMyTurn(_("Click on grid again to confirm"));
						return;
					}
					this.ajaxAction('playAttack', {
						grid : grid
					});
				}

You were able to click again on a sunk boat and lose your turn !
game.php line 385

Code: Select all

$this->userAssertTrue(self::_("This location already has been fired at and sunk"), $state!=7);
there is still an really annoying one and i'm not that good with CSS fixing.
when you fire at F8, you are unable to fire at E8 or E9 the next rounds as the game always select square F8 instead.
the mouse cursor has also changed as it thinks there is a "~" or a "X" there.
If you refresh with F5, the bug disappears.

I hope these clues will motivate someone to fix this one & get the reward.
Een

Post by Een »

tchobello wrote: 26 August 2019, 16:18 Hello, I've had a look at BATTLESHIP and have fixed two bugs.

[...]

there is still an really annoying one and i'm not that good with CSS fixing.
when you fire at F8, you are unable to fire at E8 or E9 the next rounds as the game always select square F8 instead.
the mouse cursor has also changed as it thinks there is a "~" or a "X" there.
If you refresh with F5, the bug disappears.

I hope these clues will motivate someone to fix this one & get the reward.
I forwarded the link to this post to the developer and she integrated your fixes and also found and fixed the other problem you refer to: 3 bugs solved!
Thanks for your input on this.

Return to “Developers”