Anyone here find the timers too short?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
ClimateChangeIsReal

Anyone here find the timers too short?

Post by ClimateChangeIsReal »

This is something I have noticed for a long time: the timers for debate and Hunter kills are too short.
  • Hunter kills only give 30 seconds. Usually the hunters are not expecting to die, and suddenly they have to kill someone quickly. I usually try to get some discussion going (so they do not, for example, kill the Fortune Teller) but it never works. It would also be nice to know if hunters are allowed to abstain (last time I played hunter was LONG AGO).
  • Debate is only three minutes. Although it can be annoyingly long the first day, when everyone wants to abstain and one person fails to click "ready", three minutes is not enough time to have any actual discussion (say, if the Fortune Teller dies and all the village has left is discussion).
Hunter kills really need to be 60 seconds so that it is not just a random kill. As for debate, I would probably suggest one of the following changes:
(1) Add an option for 2, 3, 4, and 5 minutes in game settings. (3:30 is not that much better.)
(2) Add an "extend time" button. If a majority of players agree to extend the time, an extra minute is added to the day clock, limit two per day.
(3) Make it so the timer has to be manually enforced: a player has to specifically click "advance to voting" after the time runs out to make it happen. This can be used to find werewolves too...
tunewar123

Re: Anyone here find the timers too short?

Post by tunewar123 »

Usually, I think 3 mins is good enough... However, there are definitely times where I wish the timer was long as well
Maybe if they have a side option that if more than half the player wants to extend discussion time, they could extend it for another min or so...

Return to “The Werewolves of Miller's Hollow”