New trophy awarding screen

What's new on BGA ?
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

New trophy awarding screen

Post by sourisdudesert »

We introduced today a new trophy awarding screen:

This screen is step of our work on the BGA metagame, which includes the current work on the upcoming Arena mode.

The general orientation of our work on trophies is:
_ to make them more "personal" (=> something that you collect rather than something you show to everyone).
_ to transform them to "achievement" instead of "trophies" (=> something that you gain once and keep forever).
_ to make "top trophies" seasons based (ie: they are awarded at the end of each season based on what you've done in the past season, and then you can keep them forever).
failedatquittingBGA

Re: New trophy awarding screen

Post by failedatquittingBGA »

I find this pretty annoying. Will there be a way to disable this screen?
Serilo

Post by Serilo »

Yes it is annoying and serves no other purpose for me.
Zlipolr

Post by Zlipolr »

Got my first trophies in this new manner and immediately searched inside settings to disable this.

This new trophy screen makes the experience of playing on BGA stressful instead of relaxing. I have never cared much for BGA trophies except for a cursory glance once in a while for fun. Since trophies become extremely prominent through this new screen, it takes away from the joy of just playing for fun.

Please add a setting to make this new trophy awarding screen optional. Thanks.
kicekjuve

Post by kicekjuve »

Especially annoying when you are downgraded, for example from Expert to Strong player and it shows you got new trophy :D
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

kicekjuve wrote: 23 August 2019, 11:49 Especially annoying when you are downgraded, for example from Expert to Strong player and it shows you got new trophy
This has been fixed on august 14th. If you got this situation for a trophy received after this date, please contact me with the details so I can check what happened.
Otithes

Post by Otithes »

I don't like this either. It slows things down and on my phone it actually looks rather scary, like the screen is going dark for no reason. I thought something broke.
N_Faker

Post by N_Faker »

An option to disable it would be nice.
kicekjuve

Post by kicekjuve »

sourisdudesert wrote: 23 August 2019, 15:16
kicekjuve wrote: 23 August 2019, 11:49 Especially annoying when you are downgraded, for example from Expert to Strong player and it shows you got new trophy
This has been fixed on august 14th. If you got this situation for a trophy received after this date, please contact me with the details so I can check what happened.
No it happened shortly after introducing this. Now it's fine.
fairy89

Post by fairy89 »

Hi, I'm new. At these screens in case they appear I noticed something that's probably not intended, that looks more like it was still in beta version. I am pointing to the last column, the white text. I assume in proper mode it should have a more concise naming and not be separated by underlines... I wonder if I am the only one where it's shown this way, and if there is a solution to it? Thank you :)

https://ibb.co/qNhf1yR

Return to “BGA release notes”