Time per game

Tournaments organization / Organisation des tournois
Wigbolt

Time per game

Post by Wigbolt »

I'm trying to set up a tournament for my group of friends (invitation only).
I want to set the time per game to maximum (30 days), but it seems to always switch back to 15 days, whatever I try.
On my previous attempt, when the tournament started, it turned out the time was set to 30 min per game... which caused all of us to miss every game and lose a bit of reputation along the way. I might have just set it wrong, but the time per game seems... wonky.

Before posting this to the bugs forum, I'd like to verify if it's not just me doing something wrong. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks in advance for your reactions.
- Wigbolt
RicardoRix

Re: Time per game

Post by RicardoRix »

I think it's just 15 days each, 30 days in total.
Wigbolt

Post by Wigbolt »

Thanks for your reply, RicardoRix.

Though it said 30 days in the overview, whenever I got back to edit the settings it seemed set at 15 days.
When the tournament started, it gave us 7 days per player in 2-player games. Which was plenty, to be fair, but I'm still not sure that's what it's supposed to do :)

Anyway, the earlier fail of setting the games to 30 mins seems to have been entirely mine, and the main goal of this thread was I really wanted to avoid my friends getting another reputation penalty this way. 15 days or 30 doesn't make that much a difference in practice.
I'll delete this thread soon. It seems no-one else has experienced this problem.
I'm pretty sure that tournaments weren't intended to be played among a handful of friends anyway, but some games are better enjoyed with 2 players and it's fun to keep them competitive within our group this way.
eoc

Post by eoc »

Wigbolt wrote: 17 September 2019, 23:14 I'll delete this thread soon. It seems no-one else has experienced this problem.
I have, actually, in the past. It seems that when you edit an existing tournament configuration, the dropdown is off by one when a new duration is chosen. Of course this is only a nuisance until you try to select the bottom-most entry in the list, which apparently you tried.
Wigbolt

Post by Wigbolt »

Thanks, eoc!
That is indeed what happened. Good to know it isn't random.
And as you say, it's only a minor nuisance.

Return to “Tournaments / Les tournois”