A new lobby for BGA

What's new on BGA ?
nabuco

Re: A new lobby for BGA

Post by nabuco »

I cant set small icons (mobile),
also, for pc, the small icons are even too large, is possible to have an option for smaller icons?
conrad503

Post by conrad503 »

Horrible, just horrible. Fire the guy that designed the updated UI.

Can anyone suggest another site?
guile

Post by guile »

Je faisais plutôt parti des détracteurs de ce nouveau système, mais on s'y habitue et si les choses avancent dans le bon sens (et sans doute ce genre de modifications permettent d'envisager l'avenir pour les futurs développement) alors je pense que c'est une bonne choses.

Bonne chance à toute l'équipe de BGA :) !
Pour ne plus perdre, il faut devenir meilleur. Pour cela : il faut perdre.
gonzogod

Post by gonzogod »

Another strong vote for the "old" lobby. It's important to me to be able to see if a four player game already has 3 players. The new lobby does not show that. Also, sending an invite is harder. ;)
asd123321

Post by asd123321 »

I suggest putting a Configure box at top of Lobby so when this is clicked, it would not
open the game until they indicated they are done.

Instead of Play Now, it would have 2 actions possible, Watch ! Open which would still
leave you in the Lobby

I like having it as in the old automatic lobby where it would start the game when it hit
the required number of players. but the games you have open would not go away until
everyone hit Accept.

Having it say Game is Starting at the top of the Window would have it show on the taskbar
at the bottom. Otherwise it might not be seen if someone is looking at some other site while
waiting 2 hours.
rbrammen

Post by rbrammen »

Just wanted to let you know I still hate this new lobby (again, why are you wasting time and money on this when you should be building an app?! Every company/website on the planet has an app except you guys)
rbrammen

Post by rbrammen »

sourisdudesert wrote: 16 September 2019, 08:04
Clavariag wrote: 16 September 2019, 07:56 Your work to implement the new lobby is most appreciated. It is unfortunate however, that one must cater to the 20% who are
not comprehending ..
Yes, that's unfortunate, but we must consider these 20%. As I said, it's our intention to restore the possibility to create tables without leaving the lobby. We just need to find a suitable solution.
If 20% of your user base dislikes your product, it's a bad product. That's 1 in every 5. That's an insane margin. (Also based on these comments and all my friends offline that 20% is probably closer to 50%)
wentley

Post by wentley »

So far I can't get the lobby to work as I like. So what I want to do is to see all the games I want to play (and ONLY those ... not all the other ones I don't want to ... why would I want to see them?) When I say 'see', I mean see who is in a lobby to play them, their ranking etc. As far as I can tell, I can only see these details for one particular game at a time ... UNLESS I want to look at every flippin' game available, which I absolutely don't!

If I'm wrong about this, I'm happy to be corrected, and have it explained to me how I can!

As another aside, I'm not sure it helps to know how many of a type of game has been created, rather than the number of 'available' players. Sure this used to be kind of misleading, but the raw figures helped to get a general idea of available players. Now a player can only be available if they decide to enter a lobby or set up a game? (Again correct me if I'm wrong about that?) Often players will not bother to do that, but might respond if you got in touch with them, (which you can't, if you don't know they are there) or might just be hanging around waiting to see where the action is. Which if they do now, they won't register? I think. Its just totally confusing and annoying. Somebody please explain. :shock: :?
eoc

Post by eoc »

Since I've gotten suggestions from being part of the 'available' players without signing up for specific games, I'm fairly certain that the number is computed the same way as in the old lobby. So no, your assumption about having to enter a lobby would be incorrect.
wentley wrote: 22 September 2019, 20:21 So what I want to do is to see all the games I want to play [~] When I say 'see', I mean see who is in a lobby to play them, their ranking etc.
There's a button at the very end of the new lobby page. You probably clicked it if you see all the games? Instead, try the smaller one that's right below the box of your favorite games. It should expand to show all tables for just your favorite games.
wentley wrote: 22 September 2019, 20:21 Its just totally confusing and annoying. Somebody please explain. :shock: :?
The tutorial should have explained most of what you're asking here. Did you read the hints? Did no tutorial show up for you?
Irather Nottell

Post by Irather Nottell »

Overall, I like the direction of the new lobby. It seems like it is better out of the gate and has more room for improvement as many other suggestions in this thread show.

1 issue I have found: It seems to be harder to get obscure games in. Previously, open tables for games not on your list would show up below the main list of games and it would encourage people to try something new. This was great as I liked to try new games with other beginner players so we can learn together, sort of organically. Now it seems, these obscure games are only joined by people already very good at them. I do not really have a great suggestion in regards to fixing this, but maybe something along the lines of a section showing open tables for games not on your favorite list.

Return to “BGA release notes”