New card layout for Ice Cold Ice Hockey!

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
DrKarotte

New card layout for Ice Cold Ice Hockey!

Post by DrKarotte »

Dear hockey players,
we designed an improved version of all Ice Cold Ice Hockey cards, which is now available for everyone on BGA! Of course, if you prefer the old version, you can easily switch any table back to the original design. See below for details.
The new look will become the default, since it aims for more visually pleasing cards while being at least as clear in their icon language as the original ones.

Major additions:
  • colored card border as striking difference between defensive and offensive cards (red / blue)
  • split card type from card name (Pass, Skate, etc.)
  • more consistent emphasis on rink icons and follow-up icons
  • more prominent display of the card ID
  • color-code shot results (red / blue / black)
There should be no gameplay changes from this update, but if you notice something that seems off, please don't hesitate to report a bug through BGA's bugtracker and we will take a look!

If you read through all this, hopefully you are now excited to play some colorful hockey ;-) For those preferring the old style, here's how to get it back:

[*] Open the ingame table menu by clicking on the "burger" icon (top right screen corner)
[*] In the "Preferences" section, open the "Deck style" dropdown and select your desired version
cramos

Re: New card layout for Ice Cold Ice Hockey!

Post by cramos »

Honestly, I'm glad that we can switch back to the original design.

Maybe it's because I'm long used to it, but I find the old layout a lot easier to read.
ringersoll

Post by ringersoll »

I am old and crotchety and don't like change.

Thanks for giving me the option to go back to the basic, old, simple, i love it, cards.
Naavia

Post by Naavia »

I am old an love changes :D
I will try it on new way
bamf226

Post by bamf226 »

It would be helpful to update the rules with the new card design and explanation. The new design is not as intuitive for those of us with experience in the old design.
CanuckEddie

Post by CanuckEddie »

I'm wondering if files can be made available to print and play the "new" design? I checked Boardgamegeek, but it has nothing.

We learned on the new design and find it WAY more approachable than the old one, and would like to bring it in to the physical world to share with some friends and family.

Thanks,
julianross

Post by julianross »

DrKarotte wrote: 21 September 2019, 16:30 Dear hockey players,
we designed an improved version of all Ice Cold Ice Hockey cards, which is now available for everyone on BGA! Of course, if you prefer the old version, you can easily switch any table back to the original design. See below for details.
The new look will become the default, since it aims for more visually pleasing cards while being at least as clear in their icon language as the original ones.

Major additions:
  • colored card border as striking difference between defensive and offensive cards (red / blue)
  • split card type from card name (Pass, Skate, etc.)
  • more consistent emphasis on rink icons and follow-up icons
  • more prominent display of the card ID
  • color-code shot results (red / blue / black)
There should be no gameplay changes from this update, but if you notice something that seems off, please don't hesitate to report a bug through BGA's bugtracker and we will take a look!

If you read through all this, hopefully you are now excited to play some colorful hockey ;-) For those preferring the old style, here's how to get it back:

[*] Open the ingame table menu by clicking on the "burger" icon (top right screen corner)
[*] In the "Preferences" section, open the "Deck style" dropdown and select your desired version
Est ce que cette nouvelle version de carte est telechargeable quelque part?
Je la trouve plus clair et plus simple pour initier de nouveau joueur IRL
DrKarotte

Post by DrKarotte »

julianross wrote: 25 April 2022, 15:32 Est ce que cette nouvelle version de carte est telechargeable quelque part?
Je la trouve plus clair et plus simple pour initier de nouveau joueur IRL
As far as I know it is an online-only resource, but you may ask the artist (BGA user "eoc") about that.

Return to “icecoldicehockey”