For Sale

Board Game Arena Official announcements
Jest Phulin

Re: For Sale

Post by Jest Phulin »

snoozefest wrote: 25 September 2019, 10:30 Different versions of the published game rounded in different directions.
Thanks. I was going with the on-line version I saw.
WetRock

Post by WetRock »

Terrific addition! Thank you!

One note. The money should be open and not hidden. Having the money hidden makes it feel needlessly random. The money is also trackable so you are enabling people with strong memory or just forcing some of us to write it down. So no need to keep it hidden at all really. The game has much better tactics with it open.

I would also suggest having the round up option. This also makes for more tense and tactical games.
brodels

Post by brodels »

Please do NOT implement an option for money to be tracked. Money being hidden is a HUGE part of the game, otherwise you can easily manipulate auctions. This is intended to be a hidden info game, and should remain that way. If you've ever played it before, you'll easily understand.
WetRock

Post by WetRock »

brodels wrote: 29 September 2019, 01:55 Please do NOT implement an option for money to be tracked. Money being hidden is a HUGE part of the game, otherwise you can easily manipulate auctions. This is intended to be a hidden info game, and should remain that way. If you've ever played it before, you'll easily understand.
We always play money open. It makes for a much much much better game. You can make a sound bid rather than a guess. It's turns a time passer into a great game.
eoc

Post by eoc »

brodels wrote: 29 September 2019, 01:55 Money being hidden is a HUGE part of the game
Money is not actually hidden, since all information about money assignment was shared to all players, in public. What you indeed might be trying to say (as WetRock pointed out) is "having a great memory is a HUGE part of the game", which as implemented of course is true.
One might argue, and I certainly do in similar circumstances, that this in fact reduces much of what I believe to be good game design. Then again, being able to "house rule" away certain annoying aspects of the original rule decisions is a good reason to still buy physical board games and play them offline! The publisher / designer might end up disagreeing with me, but they can never know my personal gaming group's preferences as well as we ourselves do. :)
Please do NOT implement an option for money to be tracked.
Again, money already *can* already be tracked, it's just annoying to do so. All we're asking is to improve that! Couldn't you just play on tables where options are configured to your liking? If the majority of players feels like enabling this hypothetical new option, why would that be a bad thing? Have you, personally, tried playing For Sale without "hiding" public information?
Waylander_TC

Post by Waylander_TC »

Awesome one of my favourite games so quick simple and fun
WetRock

Post by WetRock »

brodels wrote: 29 September 2019, 01:55 Please do NOT implement an option for money to be tracked. Money being hidden is a HUGE part of the game, otherwise you can easily manipulate auctions. This is intended to be a hidden info game, and should remain that way. If you've ever played it before, you'll easily understand.
This game is entirely about manipulating auctions. That's the game. Entirely.
Icemancometh

Post by Icemancometh »

Where should we post suggestions for improvement on the Beta Version?

I think the last round of cards should be played automatically since there is no further decision-making from the player. (kind of like 6 Nimmit)

Return to “Official announcements [en]”