3 players game

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
TeddyTi

3 players game

Post by TeddyTi »

In the rules, whene there is 3 players, 3 new tiles should be added each round. But here, 4 are added.
It unbalance the game, doesn't it? And even the website aknowledge it by saying the 3 players rule is unbalanced. Why is it like that?
Ankeszu

Re: 3 players game

Post by Ankeszu »

In the rules of what edition of Kingdomino? ;)

Initially 3 players games were played as you described, but then there was a post on Kingdomino players group:

"Dear Kingdomino players,
There was a rule improvement for 3 players games in Queendomino, which was included in Kingdomino latest editions: play with all the dominoes, draw 4 each turn, discard the leftover domino.
This rule is great, so we just implemented it, with Bruno Cathala agreement :)
All 3 players games are now played this way.
Enjoy the game!"

And 3 players was marked as not recommended before the change happened.

It may unbalance the game in the view of some players, I guess. For me it is totally irrelevant.
If you really dislike this rule, try to persuade admins to make it an option, not a necessity. (I guess it should be done in Suggestions, I think admins rather don't look at forums games.)
JollyBird

Post by JollyBird »

It is according to the rules of the second edition.
On BoardGameGeek are several threads about it;
for example:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/190775 ... cial-rules

edit:
was searching for this on BGG and overlooked that the question was already adressed ;)
TeddyTi

Post by TeddyTi »

Oh ok! Thanks for answering ^^

I didn't know about the second edition. I checked on my own copy of the game and on the first PDF rule found on the internet.

I see now the point of the new rule (thanks to your link ^^). Having every tiles in the game allow to keep track of which one will appear. However, now I have a harder time trying to block my opponents. I can ask for the old rule to be an option, but in the worst case I will play with the new rule I don't hate it that much ^^

I had the warning about the game being unbalanced for 3 players, even though I played with the new rule. If it happens again I should report the bug.

Return to “Kingdomino”