Restrict table access to a minimum ELO?

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
Rex Goodheart

Restrict table access to a minimum ELO?

Post by Rex Goodheart »

Ever give that any consideration? For example, somebody with just one game experience who has achieved 100 is allowed at most tables.... Maybe include an option for a minimum ELO? Sometimes even with "Strong" games we might want to limit the game to 400+ ELO. That way we can be snobs when we're in the mood. :)
CB Droege

Re: Restrict table access to a minimum ELO?

Post by CB Droege »

This is already a feature. It's under the 'restrict access' button when creating a table.
Rex Goodheart

Post by Rex Goodheart »

That's not correct. Presently you can restrict table access by Beginner, Apprentice, Average Player, Strong Player, Expert, Master

That's not the same as restricting players below a specific ELO. For example, the range for "Strong" players is 300 to 499. That's quite a range. The "Average" player is often a 100 with only one game experience.

Not a high priority request, obviously, but I'd like to be able to exclude the 100's and 300's at times.
RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix »

RexGoodheart wrote: 14 October 2019, 18:15 The "Average" player is often a 100 with only one game experience.
That's not correct. For 2 beginners, you will get 30 ELO for your 1st win.

Given the rankings are given by ELO rankings, you are filtering by ELO ranking, just preset numbers.

Just select 'Strong and above' for 300+
Rex Goodheart

Post by Rex Goodheart »

I can't explain this much better than I already have.... sometimes I'd want 400 and above. Or 150 and above. Without inflicting the indignity of kicking out somebody.
CB Droege

Post by CB Droege »

Oh. You want to be able to like... type a specific number to exclude below.

I think that's unnecessarily complex and wouldn't add much value. Elo is not SO precise a tool that these pre-chosen ranges are not granular enough.
asd123321

Post by asd123321 »

Adding this feature would be good. Someone stuck at 100 can wreck some games.
Rex Goodheart

Post by Rex Goodheart »

CB Droege wrote: 15 October 2019, 12:04 Oh. You want to be able to like... type a specific number to exclude below.
Correct. It's already a feature for Reputation, would make a nice feature for ELO. As asd1234 suggests, sometimes a very poor player is stuck at 100 when his true ELO should be near zero.
failedatquittingBGA

Post by failedatquittingBGA »

You can always add this to the presentation for the table and then just boot people who don't meet the criteria.
Rex Goodheart

Post by Rex Goodheart »

failedatquittingBGA wrote: 16 October 2019, 13:26 You can always add this to the presentation for the table and then just boot people who don't meet the criteria.
True... but it's sort of rude to boot somebody. But, like I said, it's not a high priority item.

Return to “Suggestions”