Redesign: game page

What's new on BGA ?
Een

Redesign: game page

Post by Een »

We have given the page presenting a game a well deserved lift up!

This new design features:

~~ a big banner to communicate the atmosphere of the game;
~~ a description to give an overview of the game theme and/or mechanics;
~~ a showcase presenting a game replay like before, but now with some showcase visual elements for a more attractive presentation of the game;
~~ a reorganization of the the page to make it more clear and readable, and to prioritize access to the ressources useful to learn the game (explanation video, rules, and in the future, tutorials).

Nota bene: for now, we have added the new graphic assets only on the most played games (for example, 7 Wonders). Games will be updated progressively by developers, as there is a lot of games (173!) to update.
J-Effe IV

Re: Redesign: game page

Post by J-Effe IV »

Great ! Thanks ! I note that in this process, it appears the "last results" feature was lost. It is now currently impossible the last results for any specific game - was this intended ? I found this feature useful.

Thanks !
clementia

Post by clementia »

Hm, on my screen the border ends as normal on the right, but not the button "Play this game now" ("Dieses Spiel jetzt spielen")

https://www.bilder-upload.eu/bild-1159f ... 7.jpg.html

This is the only incident of this type here with standard / 100 % zoom.
Een

Post by Een »

clementia wrote: 14 February 2020, 13:07 Hm, on my screen the border ends as normal on the right, but not the button "Play this game now" ("Dieses Spiel jetzt spielen")

https://www.bilder-upload.eu/bild-1159f ... 7.jpg.html

This is the only incident of this type here with standard / 100 % zoom.
Indeed... This is because of the long translated text. We'll look into a fix.
clementia

Post by clementia »

Do you mean the big blurred background pictures on the top when you say "updating the graphic assets"?
Because I wonder why it's released before you completed that, as it's not common for a website.

Also, where are the specific trophies sections that were selectable at the rankings screen? I mean trophies such as best player, good/strong etc., most/top 10/top 20 games played... that would lead you to a list of players who only or recently achieved that.
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

clementia wrote: 15 February 2020, 00:33 Because I wonder why it's released before you completed that, as it's not common for a website.
On the contrary of many websites, Board Game Arena relies a lot on its community. Many games has been already updated, included the most popular ones. There is still a lot of work to be made, but this is not a reason to delay the overall upgrade. Feel free to help the games' developper to find good graphic resources if you want to hurry things.
clementia wrote: 15 February 2020, 00:33 Also, where are the specific trophies sections that were selectable at the rankings screen?
We are going to add a lot of new trophies and there won't fit anymore here. A new optimized screen is going to be available soon, on a more suitable place.

Return to “BGA release notes”