Red7

Board Game Arena Official announcements
Een

Red7

Post by Een »

We are delighted today to brighten this winter season with a very colorful game! Red7, a game from designers Carl Chudyk and Chris Cieslik, published by Asmadi Games, is now available online on Board Game Arena!

Play it now!

The rule of Red is really easy: if you have the best card, you win! But this is just one of the 7 available rules (one for each color in the game) that can apply to the numbers and colors of the cards in play, and in Red7 you get to choose the rule that's applicable at the end of your turn. So you may be unable to win with the current rule, but completely turn the tables by changing the rule to get to a very strong position!

On each turn, you may play one card face up before you to create your "Palette". Then, if you are not winning with the currently applicable rule, you have to discard one card to the "Canvas" to change the rule in your favor, so that you are winning at the end of your turn. Otherwise, you're out for this round!

Red7 is a nice mix of skill and luck, in the range of poker. There is definitely skill in evaluating your hand to play it in the best possible way, but the newer players still have a chance if they get lucky either with the draw or with their insight into the play. The "advanced draw" and "actions" variants (both enabled by default) also bring some extra strategical edge by allowing you to get some more cards along the way or to optimize your Palette (or your opponent's).

In just a few words, this game is simple, fast, and good! We are pretty sure that if you try it, you'll get addicted quickly! :D

A lot of thanks to Asmadi Games for allowing us to have Red7 online on BGA (this is the third game of Asmadi Games avalaible on BGA after Innovation and Penny Press), to Chris Cieslik (AngelKurisu) for helping us to playtest, and to the two developers Dosychev and MrTerriFy who teamed up to develop this game on BGA studio!

Have a good colorful fun!
asd123321

Re: Red7

Post by asd123321 »

This is a classic example of merely taking a picture of the game pieces with no changes,
doesn't work. The words are way too small. New words larger in black and white are
what is needed. The game designers need some guidance of working to make things easy too
see when they shrunk down.
Shobu

Post by Shobu »

The game looks pretty good, enjoyed my first match. I guess there's some interesting strategies underlying.
But it's really difficult for color-blind like myself (indigo-violet are same for me .. i can get info by hovering cards though .. same for the wins conditions, but would been better to have them displayed in their entirety).

Anyway a good addition to BGA :D
contraception

Post by contraception »

Thanks BGA for making this game available. Please consider making an Undo button for sending the wrong card to The Palette!
Een

Post by Een »

Shobu wrote: 29 February 2020, 22:15 But it's really difficult for color-blind like myself (indigo-violet are same for me .. i can get info by hovering cards though .. same for the wins conditions, but would been better to have them displayed in their entirety).
About accessibility, there is also the shape of the blot behind the central digit that's different for each colour. Hope this helps!
niente

Post by niente »

contraception wrote: 01 March 2020, 04:26 Thanks BGA for making this game available. Please consider making an Undo button for sending the wrong card to The Palette!
This. Unless the player draws a new card, undo should always be allowed.
Jedadeana

Post by Jedadeana »

There needs to be an UNDO for all moves, not just a 1 or 7. I just lost a game in the 2nd round on my second turn because I played a 1 without realizing that I couldn't take my opponent's card if they had less cards than me, and there was no way to undo this! You can make an "always undo button" as an option in game setup, but I shouldn't lose a game because of something so stupid.
hrundel

Post by hrundel »

The undo condition needs to be explained
Een

Post by Een »

hrundel wrote: 01 March 2020, 20:09 The undo condition needs to be explained
It has been, in answer to your request: viewtopic.php?f=233&t=14580
Een

Post by Een »

niente wrote: 01 March 2020, 15:31
contraception wrote: 01 March 2020, 04:26 Thanks BGA for making this game available. Please consider making an Undo button for sending the wrong card to The Palette!
This. Unless the player draws a new card, undo should always be allowed.
Well, some secret information is revealed (card played from hand), even if a new card is not drawn.

Return to “Official announcements [en]”