Quitting the Game before It Starts

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
kariert

Quitting the Game before It Starts

Post by kariert »

So, I've only very recently picked up Hive. In the short time I've been playing, something has happened to me a lot and when I say a lot I mean approx. 2 out of 3 times. I see an open Hive table (usually, but not exclusively, with a beginner or apprentice player), I join it, the game is ready to start, I click accept and - nothing. I wait and wait and the other player who just clicked the start game button now doesn't respond anymore. After some minutes, I cancel the game start and the player is gone. Initially, I thought it's my fault, people didn't want to play with a newb, then when my elo improved I thought it's the other way around, I was too good (lol, as if) for their liking. But now I'm starting to suspect it might be a bug? Does anybody else experience the same difficulties? I only get this when playing Hive.
Jest Phulin

Re: Quitting the Game before It Starts

Post by Jest Phulin »

I don't know, but if it is only happening with Hive it may be related to the Hive app. There is a company that developed an app for Hive play, but it is really just a hook into the BGA system. New users with that system may not realize how it really works.

Return to “Hive”