Land Office IMPLEMENTATION

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Santa Maria

Land Office IMPLEMENTATION

Post by Santa Maria »

Hi

In my games I often try Land Office. I have noticed that when manned with colonist I can still buy a plantation even if I have 0 Doubloons, so basically buying a plantation for 0 Doubloons, so getting it for free.

Is it a bug or is it intentional?

I could buy a plantation with 0 Doubloons and a manned quarry, but then again I could buy a plantation with no quarry and 0 Doubloons in hand.

In the rules it says Land Office allows you to buy a plantation when it is your turn to trade when Trader is selected for 1 Doubloon, but many times I could buy even when I had 0 Doubloons in hand. So it was free.

This made Forest House together with Land Office almost as strong as Forest House with Hacienda which is prohibited.

Thoughts?
DrKarotte

Re: Land Office IMPLEMENTATION

Post by DrKarotte »

I don't see any hint in the rules that the Land Office action can ever have another price than 1 dubloon.
diamant

Re: Land Office IMPLEMENTATION

Post by diamant »

If you need to write a bug report about the wrong implementation of a rule, you should on the one hand describe precisely at least one game action where you have noticed the bug, specifying the game number and move number; on the other hand, recall the rule point which, in your opinion, would not be respected.
Without this, it is, if not impossible, very difficult to check if your analysis is correct.

Return to “Puerto Rico”