Increasing the capacity of Board Game Arena

What's new on BGA ?
Zou56

Re: Increasing the capacity of Board Game Arena

Post by Zou56 »

Thanks for the great job !
Wish you could authorize to play from the same place since with COVID-19 we are stuck and don’t have money to pay for premium.
JL DC

Post by JL DC »

konigsberg wrote: 18 March 2020, 22:36 Good luck. I specifically got a premium account to provide some financial support, and I encourage some of these thousands of users who might not be paying for a premium account to do the same.
I did the same thing ! Its the least I can do after enjoying this place for 3 or so years
filit1982

Post by filit1982 »

Thanks, new user from Italy here. Thank you for what you're doing for us, getting a Premium account was the minimum to thank you.
To all the former player base, sorry for creating a bottleneck in the site's service. Please bear with us newcomers while we learn the ropes and the situation becomes more stable. :)
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

UPDATE:

Since 2 days we are now able to handle 15.000 players at peak hours (it was 6.000 players one week ago, and 9.000 players 3 days ago).

Today's maintenance goal is to be able to go higher than 15.000.

Thanks for your patience.

Note: we're sorry for all players who are playing outside peak hours, and who are suffering for very frequent maintenances these days. This is very unusual an temporary, but these days we have to perform a lot of heavy maintenance operation to increase service capacity and we cannot do it at peak hours.
BodAndrage

Post by BodAndrage »

You are providing a great service at this time. I've encouraged others to get premium. It's such a good price for the year you easily get your money's worth!
ringersoll

Post by ringersoll »

I am already a Premium Member.
Is there a way I can make an additional donation to say 'Thanks' for all that you do?
Een

Post by Een »

ringersoll wrote: 21 March 2020, 13:32 I am already a Premium Member.
Is there a way I can make an additional donation to say 'Thanks' for all that you do?
Thanks for your support! :)

We don't have a donation system and our focus is not on this at the moment as you can imagine BUT a friend remarked that there is the possibility to offer a premium account to someone (last link on the premium page). So she offered one premium year to a friend of hers.

You can definitely do that if you want, in addition to helping us you'll make someone happy :D
Dude81

Post by Dude81 »

Thank you so much for your efforts! This is a great resource for those of us that love board games. I joined a few years ago so I could continue to play games with my nephew who moved to Finland. Much thanks and Congatulations on increasing the server capacity so greatly in such a short amount of time.
ollyfish2002

Post by ollyfish2002 »

16726 players !
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

ollyfish2002 wrote: 21 March 2020, 21:06 16726 players !
Yes. We cannot go higher today, but we everyday we are working on increasing this number.

Return to “BGA release notes”