players opening table and quitting

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
marcelmx

players opening table and quitting

Post by marcelmx »

Can we not do anything about players who are opening a tabel and then go off line?
You want to join the game and nothing happens. Until you click on the name of the table manager and see that he went of line.
Aaron_J

Re: players opening table and quitting

Post by Aaron_J »

The other thing that annoys me is how many people sit down to a table, but leave / don't confirm when it is time to start the game. Seems like they should get at least -0.10 points for not confirming once the table is about to start.
King Hrothbeort

Post by King Hrothbeort »

It seems to me that this has to do with overload and connectivity issues. I have recently had players not join because the "Accept" button did not appear for them. Players do get a penalty if they open a table and quit.
ViolentSilence

Post by ViolentSilence »

marcelmx wrote: 26 March 2020, 17:02 Can we not do anything about players who are opening a tabel and then go off line?
You want to join the game and nothing happens. Until you click on the name of the table manager and see that he went of line.
That's going to depend on the reasoning - I've been trying to see what happens with the options as you set up tables, so I created a few that weren't intended for players to join. I'm done with that for now, but I could see other people experimenting to learn the options. The larger problem seems to be that people are able to join tables before the person running them has finished setting up the options, particularly now it's so busy.

There is also a wider problem of internet bandwidth with a lot of ISPs dealing with much heavier traffic than normal, so there will be people going on and offline without intending to. My connection is much spottier than I'd like so I'm largely trying to restrict myself to playing with real life friends I can phone and apologise to if I get dropped out. May have to wait for the virus issues to pass before looking at this behaviour
Een

Post by Een »

ViolentSilence wrote: 04 April 2020, 14:32 That's going to depend on the reasoning - I've been trying to see what happens with the options as you set up tables, so I created a few that weren't intended for players to join. I'm done with that for now, but I could see other people experimenting to learn the options. The larger problem seems to be that people are able to join tables before the person running them has finished setting up the options, particularly now it's so busy.
Just a quick note on that, your table is not visible (except from friends you have specifically invited to this table) until after you have clicked on "Open table to other players". So you can take the time to tinker with options and set everything to your liking before opening the door for your party :)
ViolentSilence

Post by ViolentSilence »

Een wrote: 04 April 2020, 16:23
ViolentSilence wrote: 04 April 2020, 14:32 That's going to depend on the reasoning - I've been trying to see what happens with the options as you set up tables, so I created a few that weren't intended for players to join. I'm done with that for now, but I could see other people experimenting to learn the options. The larger problem seems to be that people are able to join tables before the person running them has finished setting up the options, particularly now it's so busy.
Just a quick note on that, your table is not visible (except from friends you have specifically invited to this table) until after you have clicked on "Open table to other players". So you can take the time to tinker with options and set everything to your liking before opening the door for your party :)
Is that true for all games though? I found that for Can't Stop I was getting players joining as soon as I created a table. It might have been a temporary glitch on the site I guess, but it was frustrating. I've definitely had players join tables I hadn't clicked to open
Een

Post by Een »

ViolentSilence wrote: 04 April 2020, 16:44
Een wrote: 04 April 2020, 16:23 Just a quick note on that, your table is not visible (except from friends you have specifically invited to this table) until after you have clicked on "Open table to other players". So you can take the time to tinker with options and set everything to your liking before opening the door for your party :)
Is that true for all games though? I found that for Can't Stop I was getting players joining as soon as I created a table. It might have been a temporary glitch on the site I guess, but it was frustrating. I've definitely had players join tables I hadn't clicked to open
Yes. Not sure what happened to you, maybe there was a temporary glitch at some point, but it's the general principle. Also, I just opened a table of Can't Stop, and there is currently a lot of activity otherwise, and it stays incognito. You can try it :D
ollyfish2002

Post by ollyfish2002 »

I have problem with heavy load. Refreshing does not happen automatically. I have opened or joined table but nothing happens : gameremains the same. Then few minutes later, I get penalties for not playing, which is not fair with the server being so slow.

Return to “Suggestions”