Should we ask for the doubling cube?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
jester_s1

Re: Should we ask for the doubling cube?

Post by jester_s1 »

Doubling is an integral part of backgammon strategy. I find not having it really annoying.
hervepa

Post by hervepa »

Well, you would also need to ask that tthe next die roll no be immediate as it is now.
Galen_Mac_Byrne

Post by Galen_Mac_Byrne »

What about altering tournament play for Backgammon so that the advancement is not automatic, and you must win say 3 games against a player to advance? This could also take into account gammons or backgammons, if the tournament admin can arrange pairings and advance people.
Filboid

Post by Filboid »

I am a relative newcomer to BGA. I would love to be able to play 3,5,11 game tournaments, And yes, the doubling cube is what makes backgammon a real game.
SGY514

Post by SGY514 »

I fully support the integration of the doubling cube. Backgammon is far richer when the doubling cube is used.
kifty

Post by kifty »

Just putting my vote in for the doubling cube, too! It feels like only half the game without it.
Polegge

Post by Polegge »

I got the second place in season 0 of Arena with the game backgammon, and I also have the top 20 elo reward, and let me say it: backgammon without doubling cube and without 3 point matches is very slow, boring and also annoying because you may loose so many elo points just for pure fate.
I played a lot of games just because I like BGA and I wanted to compete in the Arena season, but if there are no changes, then this will be the last season for me with backgammon on BGA.
I dare say that any decent backgammon player agrees with this point and other players have already explained the reasons in this thread of this forum; only a player with scarce experience of the game can appreciate the present format.

Please introduce 3 point matches and doubling cube with the Crawford rule!
nxc

Post by nxc »

I can only agree that the game is far poorer without the doubling dice.
It's just not real backgammon, such a shame.
nmego

Post by nmego »

Agree that the doubling cube is quite important to maintain the full experience.
The Luggage

Post by The Luggage »

Just to add my two penny's worth, I too believe it's not truly Backgammon without a doubling cube.

Players who don't wish to play with the cube can simply select 'first to 1' and still avoid it totally.

At the moment, Arena mode is quite a luck-fest. Sure, to get in the top 20 you have to be good - very good, probably - but a first to 7 or 9 Arena with the doubling cube would really make the top players list more accurate.

Return to “Backgammon”