Card explanation pop-up on iPad

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
mlaterza

Card explanation pop-up on iPad

Post by mlaterza »

I have just joined this AWESOME site as a Premium member and wanted to try Sushi Go on my iPad to see how it worked versus playing on my laptop. Everything worked great and I noticed one thing that worked on the laptop, but I can't get it to work on the iPad. The feature is the card explanation pop-ups that describe the information of each card when you hover over it with the mouse. How can you get that to work on and iPad or phone? Or is it not a feature that is available to those devices. I understand this was developed for laptops and desktops. I was just wondering. Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

Mike
dudi2

Re: Card explanation pop-up on iPad

Post by dudi2 »

On Andoid it works using a long touch onto the card. After about 1 second the hover information appears.
sprockitz

Post by sprockitz »

not sure if the phone is the same as an iPad. but I played on my phone and it wouldn't work with my phone in normal orientation unless I zoomed in (which made it very difficult). I found however that if I rotated my phone to landscape mode it actually worked fine...maybe it is similar on iPad too? It's unfortunate that a lot of these games don't work quite right on mobile...they interpret things as wanting the popup extra info and not to play the card.

In theory you can also turn those popups off in the game settings, but that hasn't worked for me on other games.
rasmas

Post by rasmas »

Same here, I tried to write to the support but I haven't received nor reply neither clarification.

On iOS the pop-up using long-press doesn't work (on Android instead it works fine).
So many games like Seasons or any cards game where pop-up for translation and effects are necessary to know... are unplayable. :(

Please advice, maybe someone expert can help us?
Cam_Hanoi

Post by Cam_Hanoi »

It sometimes works, that’s the weird thing, so there must be a trick to it
chk1975

Post by chk1975 »

Can we get an explanation by the devs on this?
I can not play race for the galaxy because of this issue.
mindseye1

Post by mindseye1 »

I think I’ve figured it out. On my iPad I can do a “double-tap and hold” and I see the tooltip. So basically you quickly double-tap the card, but on the second tap keep your finger down on the screen. Hopefully this helps!
chk1975

Post by chk1975 »

Double tap and hold works perfectly with sushi go, thanks for the tip.

Unfortunately it is not flawless with rftg, half the time it works other half not I will ask in the rftg forum.

Return to “Sushi Go!”