tokaido arena mode

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
zoobert

tokaido arena mode

Post by zoobert »

Hi,

I come back to Boardgame arena and discover that the arena competition mode is 4 players and not a 2 players match.
Do you agree with that ? Do you think it it the most competitive mode. Ok I have not played for the last 2 years but at that time the most competitive mode was a one on one match with tricks made using the automate third player.

What is your opinion Tokaido players. Would you like to see the arena match mode change ?

Thanks a lot
Guillaume
ollyfish2002

Re: tokaido arena mode

Post by ollyfish2002 »

No way. Tokaido 4p is completely different than 2p.
You have access to all tournaments with 2p.
Keep the Arena at 4p !
maxxius

Post by maxxius »

4p mode >>> preferred over 2p mode.
Indeed there are plenty of 2p tournaments already in action every month
ponpoko51

Post by ponpoko51 »

This survey here indicates how we love 4p much more than 2p.
https://caninski.wixsite.com/tokaido/po ... o-settings
18 votes for 4p and only 1 vote for 2p.

If you prefer 2p, you can play it on the tournament mode :D
iliz sera

Post by iliz sera »

My opinion is that Tokaido is a game designed for 4-5 players. The double spaces truly indicate that. Two-player version is more like another version added. The game is totally changed with the neutro player and its ability to block the other player. Since 5p version is very tight and people have less choices to do, so the most favorite (and best) number of players should be 4.

As Arena mode is preferably used the default settings (and also, the most frequent ones), I suggest keeping 4p mode, with Gastronomy only.
Ameco

Post by Ameco »

Hello,
Leave the arena mode as it is now, that is to say 4 peoples with gastronomy only :D . Several comments above have already said but I will repeat myself too, there are already a lot of 2 persons tournaments available. If only the arena mode could be reserved for those who like to play 4 ;) .
Ameco
Kenneth Eriksen

Post by Kenneth Eriksen »

I'm arguably one of the most decorated 1v1 players in BGA Tokaido. Yet I feel, it is completely different game than 4-way which in itself is the "true form" of the game. 3-way and 5-way too are different game modes, although resembling the other modes.

Arena mode should always serve the true form of the game. The way it was planned to play and obviously the way most people want to play it.
zoobert

Post by zoobert »

Ok many thanks for the comments. I wanted to have the opinion of the community.
On my side, I prefer the 2 players mode so far but will try the 4 players game.
yoyoyo2020

tokaido arena mode

Post by yoyoyo2020 »

The rulebook says that Preparation option is to compensate for the handicap of order of play. If this is true, shouldn't Arena Mode includes it?
nmego

Post by nmego »

yoyoyo2020 wrote: 20 May 2020, 21:41 The rulebook says that Preparation option is to compensate for the handicap of order of play. If this is true, shouldn't Arena Mode includes it?
It has been discussed before,here and here. that Preparations is overcompensating and unbalancing for the game. Basically the last place player gets a +3 coin difference compared to the first player, which is what the most valuable space is worth.

Return to “Tokaido”