The (Fantastic) 4 in lines, it's a win !

Board Game Arena Official announcements
DrClick

The (Fantastic) 4 in lines, it's a win !

Post by DrClick »

It’s as classic as Vivaldi’s 4 Seasons,
The 4 elements ,
The 4 daughters of Doctor March ,
or the 4 Horsemen of Metallica

This simple game for 2 players, derived from the tic-tac-toe and solved since 1988 by James D. Allen, continues to be ported on all supports, but one was missing: BoardGameArena .
It is now done, and you will be able to play this great classic which has ruined several families since the mid-70s.

For those who have never practiced this very pleasant entertainment, each player has colored tokens which must be inserted on top of one of the 7 columns making up the board.
The token falls to the lowest, sometimes above another, and it is the next player's turn.
The winner being the first player to align 4 of his tokens, horizontally, vertically, or diagonally.

It is an excellent introduction to abstract games and connection games, which will allow you to detect who, among your opponents, will be the smartest.
The chances to end the game in a draw is frequent for bad or excellent players, and we will let you conclude about your own level on your own games.
Have fun !

Click here to play:
https://boardgamearena.com/gamepanel?game=connectfour

All our thanks goes to our developer, T_Law , for his work ;)
aesche

Re: The (Fantastic) 4 in lines, it's a win !

Post by aesche »

That‘s a great addon to BGA, and in the last few days, the activity in that game was pretty high too from what I observed.
Thanks here too to the dev (who actually plays quite well too and had the pole position for quite a while - it‘s nice if a dev is involved in playing the game well and even is present in the higher leaderboard, i hope you have the time to keep to it)!

I guess this means the beta phase is over?
nmego

Post by nmego »

I've been meaning to ask, are 'all finished games' that have officially left the beta phase ' announced'?
DrClick

Post by DrClick »

nmego wrote: 27 May 2020, 16:30 I've been meaning to ask, are 'all finished games' that have officially left the beta phase ' announced'?
Yes.
robin_wow

Post by robin_wow »

I notice the well known name, by which this game goes in USA, is pointedly mentioned nowhere in the discussion above. Is there a copyright reason that it cannot be mentioned?

Robin.
Giordano Bruno 1974

Post by Giordano Bruno 1974 »

robin_wow wrote: 31 May 2020, 22:27 I notice the well known name, by which this game goes in USA, is pointedly mentioned nowhere in the discussion above. Is there a copyright reason that it cannot be mentioned?

Robin.
It's called Connect 4 on the site proper which is its name in the UK and I would presume USA. "4 in lines" hurts my eyes. The non-commercial name should be "4 in a row".
sprockitz

Post by sprockitz »

chances of a draw between excellent players is actually zero. Whoever goes first will win.
megamau

Post by megamau »

sprockitz wrote: 03 June 2020, 03:18 chances of a draw between excellent players is actually zero. Whoever goes first will win.
Yes, this is a well know fact, first proven by Victor Allis in 1988

http://www.informatik.uni-trier.de/~fer ... ewinnt.pdf

Return to “Official announcements [en]”