Spectator chat: new rules

What's new on BGA ?
Jesdebel

Re: Spectator chat: new rules

Post by Jesdebel »

I am so happy and pleased by this decision. I was avoiding visiting friends’ tables because I knew I would be unable to chat-and now I can!
Thanks.
aghagh

Post by aghagh »

Thanks for working on this.

However, I'm still not being able to chat as spectator when a game is running even though I think I meet all the requirements. Am I missing something ? I thought you had clarified that *nice* spectators would be allowed to chat always (even if a game is running).

Edit: I can't comment even after a game has finished

Merci encore.
aghagh

Post by aghagh »

I think I found the issue.

I am not being able to chat just at Werewolves' games. I am able to chat at other games (just tried Hanabi).

I think it's because of the different way chat is implemented at werewolves' games.

I just wrote https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=18358 about it

Thanks!
bootstrap

Post by bootstrap »

I am trying to use spectator audio chat and cannot get it to work. If a player starts a chat, I can't join it and if I start a chat it usually is just auto-cancelled. If it doesn't auto-cancel I am still not in it. Is there some sort of secret handshake to be able to audio chat as a spectator? I have 50 games, registered in 2014 and have 100% karma. Tried in both Firefox and Safari. Tried on Stone Age and Rallyman. Help!
Een

Post by Een »

bootstrap wrote: 02 June 2020, 05:48 I am trying to use spectator audio chat and cannot get it to work. If a player starts a chat, I can't join it and if I start a chat it usually is just auto-cancelled. If it doesn't auto-cancel I am still not in it. Is there some sort of secret handshake to be able to audio chat as a spectator? I have 50 games, registered in 2014 and have 100% karma. Tried in both Firefox and Safari. Tried on Stone Age and Rallyman. Help!
Audio/video chat is a feature for table players, not for spectators. Spectator chat as mentioned in this thread is only about text chat.
bootstrap

Post by bootstrap »

Een wrote: 02 June 2020, 08:26 Audio/video chat is a feature for table players, not for spectators. Spectator chat as mentioned in this thread is only about text chat.
Thank you for the clarification. We will will look to other means for audio so I can provide training for the other players without being in the game.
alextingle

Post by alextingle »

Are you going to roll back the awful "auto start" misfeature, too? Or are we expected to just suffer that?
Gulchen

Post by Gulchen »

I am very glad that spectator chat is back to almost what it used to be. :)

(I never had any issues with how it used to be, but hopefully
the changes from that avoid whatever those issues were.)

@alextingle:

Is the "auto start" you're referring to just for arena mode?
I don't think I'm seeing it when I play in normal mode.
(That might be because I only play 2-player games.)

Return to “BGA release notes”