Crazy Farmers and the Clôtures Électriques available NOW sur BGA & Kickstarter !

Board Game Arena Official announcements
DrClick

Crazy Farmers and the Clôtures Électriques available NOW sur BGA & Kickstarter !

Post by DrClick »

Howdy my friends, and welcome to the Ultimate Farming Championship!
We are happy to introduce on BGA

Crazy Farmers
A strategy game from Quentin de Cagny and Jérémie Chassaing (The Freaky 42), for 2-4 farmers fighting each other on their custom tractors to expand their fields.
The game was just released on BGA and is live right now on Kickstarter.

During this insane competition, you are driving your tractor into the fields, pulling electric fences to annex new plots by surrounding them. At the end of the game, the largest field wins.

However, while you are trying to extend your field, the other players may try to cut off the electric fence you are pulling, provoking a short circuit and ruining your efforts!

Crazy Farmers is a very deep strategy game with simple mechanisms and a crazy theme. You always have to balance between pulling a very long fence to gain a lot of plots, and a safer short fence that your opponents won't be able to cut. To win, you will have to move your engine carefully, always keep an eye on your opponents, and quickly react if they are too close from you.

This game has a very particular place in our hearts: Years ago, our friends Quentin and Jeremie told us that they do have a board game prototype, and we've been among the very first to play this game! The 2 designers did an incredible job on this game, improving it years after years. They met The Freaky 42, which is the perfect publisher for this game as they love games with insane themes (and by the way, they are trying to minimize the carbon footprint of all their products, which is always great). And finally, today the game is live on Kickstarter! As you can imagine, we are very proud to support this wonderful project from the beginning, to host it on BGA and we really recommend you to try it and support it too.

Why not try the game now ?
https://boardgamearena.com/gamepanel?game=crazyfarmers

If you like this game, please help them to make it real by supporting it on Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/14 ... WI-zcCYG2k

Note: the physical game has also a Solo mode (not available on BGA).
Despair

Re: Crazy Farmers and the Clôtures Électriques available NOW sur BGA & Kickstarter !

Post by Despair »

Reminds me of the video game Qix from the 80s.
superrag

Re: Crazy Farmers and the Clôtures Électriques available NOW sur BGA & Kickstarter !

Post by superrag »

Great stuff, congrats! :)
iQuentin

Post by iQuentin »

Despair wrote: 18 June 2020, 21:02 Reminds me of the video game Qix from the 80s.
Well... EXACTLY !
You're probably the same age than us ;-)

and I must say that it's probably the one and first more-or-less-unconscious influence for the concept.

Quentin, Crazy Farmers co-creator
AcrossTheNight

Post by AcrossTheNight »

This game is a lot of fun though I'm still figuring out the strategy.
pjt33

Post by pjt33 »

Just out of curiosity, is the franglais name a tactic to avoid fragmentation between the Anglophone and Francophone markets? And (my French being rusty) was there no way of getting a play on fermier and fermer?
iQuentin

Post by iQuentin »

Well, i think i've got to answer this as i'm the one who found this title, maybe 5 or 6 years ago.
So it just popped out of my brain like this one day. Then i told it to my co-creator and he laughed, but we thought it was a temporary name, just for fun. And we were afraid of the "untranslatability". The franglais seemed to be more a problem than anything else. But with the years, we got used to it and we realized that the game would not be the same without it. So... this is the way.
Quentin, for Les Fermiers Fous et les electric fences !
iQuentin

Post by iQuentin »

AcrossTheNight wrote: 20 June 2020, 02:53 This game is a lot of fun though I'm still figuring out the strategy.
Huh, we got to have a game together dude ! i'll give you a few strategic hints that i gathered during the long years of creating the game. I'll invite you ;-)
Btw, if you like strategy, you will prefer to play 1vs1 (and 2vs2 on the physical version). If you prefer fun and dirty moves against others, you will like 3-4 players.
Quentin
Mach3Racer

Post by Mach3Racer »

Hey, thanks for this, fun little game. I was actually reminded of the fantastic TwixT (3M) - a classic.

2 comments:

- much prefer the 2 player version (severe kingmaking in every other setup)
- what are the odds we can see a clean & clear board without all the noise. This would make a very neat abstract. The overloaded graphics and everything is actually headache inducing.

Very enjoyable though despite the 2 remarks.

Cheers,
M3R

Return to “Official announcements [en]”