Irrigation rules are not implemented correctly

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Ogmios

Irrigation rules are not implemented correctly

Post by Ogmios »

I believe, based on the rules as written and based on a discussion on BGG, the implementation for irrigation as it pertains to waterhuts and plot objective cards is incorrect.

It is my belief that the rules indicate that waterhuts count towards the plot card irrigation requirement because the rules state:

A plot is irrigated if it has at least one of the following conditions:
1) It is adjacent to the special “pond tile”, in which case the irrigation is automatic.
2) At least one of its six edges hosts an irrigation channel.
3) It has a watershed improvement

Plots Objectives
These cards represent three or four adjacent plots.To fulfill this objective, the configuration shown on the card must be reflected in the bamboo garden. Important: To be valid the combination must be entirely composed of irrigated plots.

Yet the implementation on BGA does NOT count watershed as irrigation as it pertains to the plot card requirements. I cannot find anywhere in the manual where it says that this is how it should be played. In my mind, the rules make no exception for watersheds. Can someone explain this to me, please?
Jest Phulin

Re: Irrigation rules are not implemented correctly

Post by Jest Phulin »

Could you provide a game number where you believe this is visible? This is the first time this has been brought up in the forums, and I'm pretty sure that it would have been discussed before if it was being implemented incorrectly.

(As a side note, it often happens on the "2 plots of 2 colors" objectives that the mirror image is complete but not the rotated image. When trying to achieve the accomplishment, the game gives the same error as non-irrigated tiles, this is not accomplished in the garden. Only the rotated image, not the mirror image counts.)

Return to “Takenoko”