Hover for Card Text on iPad

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Hopkins

Hover for Card Text on iPad

Post by Hopkins »

The requirement to hover over a card to get the text is apparently a big problem on the iPad/iPhone. I recently had a friend essentially abandon a game because he had no idea what the cards could do. The "very quick press" to activate hover was apparently unreliable, and so unusable when buying cards. Is there another way, or does there need to be a small redesign to avoid the need for a hover action?
PaulDoherty

Re: Hover for Card Text on iPad

Post by PaulDoherty »

I’d like to know if this is going to be solved. I prefer to play on my iPad, but this issue of hovering and the fact I get no sounds are making it quite difficult to do.
Idsky

Post by Idsky »

I'd love to solve it by having the cards so clear that you can easily read them (pinch-zoom on small devices if needed, but iPads have very sharp and clear screens, the explanation hover box is about the same size as the illegible card). I've made high quality images for the dice and cubes already in dev, I'm hoping someone has digital source files for the cards, but if not I could scan my physical game. I haven't heard from any admins yet though and changes to the game may need sign off from the game company.
Idsky

Post by Idsky »

Cards will look great (readable!) soon.

Return to “Quantum”