Strategies for winning

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Whiffies

Strategies for winning

Post by Whiffies »

Classic question for you all.

What strategies do you use to win?
I find pig offpspring generates good income for me but have never been able to get above 80VP in any game.

Thoughts?
abomnibus

Re: Strategies for winning

Post by abomnibus »

I was hoping others would pen some replies here.
I'm fairly new to the game and have yet to breallch 80 points in a game.
I've realized lately
- better timing the placing of my markets to maximize the earned points, ideally you'd keep markets on for a few rounds whenever. possible.
- maximizing completion of craft markers to gain their benefits.
- selecting cards well, especially bonuses with siesta track

Seems there's still quite a bit to learn in getting the most points out of each of these

Would like to learn more ways to maximize my points, if anyone has something to share

Thanks
Dave_T

Post by Dave_T »

I try to get at least 3 extra deliveries via extensions as soon as practically possible. Getting breeding pigs early or completing the bank is useful as it gives more flexibility. Any helper or action that gives extra cards or deliveries is valuable, for everything else there is Barclaycard
nmego

Post by nmego »

Here are a couple of general rules:
1. Pig Breeding is a vital source of income, and should be activated asap.
2. First turn, you want to lead with a farm extension like 99% of the time. Even if you're going for round1 greengrocer, you still need that extra delivery. Also it gives a really appreciated boost in card quality (as it lets you keep more cards).
3. Always try to get the 2VP bonus for completing the first 3 craft buildings. Especially in a 2p game, as each is a 4point swing.
4. The greengrocer is the easiest way to activate your pig breeding, as you get a pig + one more before your next breeding phase.
5. Helpers and fields offer more value the earlier you play them.

Return to “La Granja”