Exclude Dangerous card option

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Idsky

Exclude Dangerous card option

Post by Idsky »

Should there be a table option to exclude the Dangerous card?
That card is so annoying for the other players… but is it worth having the option to exclude it from your game?
I already created the option in testing but wondered if it was really worth having.
TheRealWVMan

Re: Exclude Dangerous card option

Post by TheRealWVMan »

I would say no. The dangerous card is very hard to beat. However, it is not unbeatable. I have beaten it numerous times and I have been beaten numerous times when I have had the card. You have to make the dangerous player chase you when you don't have the card. Other card combos can help with this. It's part of the game and should remain in play. Plus there are so many cards in the game it doesn't come up all that often. If an option to remove it were implemented I would never use it.
Idsky

Post by Idsky »

I was kinda thinking the same thing. Adding the option was just an exercise for me to see how game options work.
somewhereluca

Post by somewhereluca »

I would live this option. When I play with friends we usually make a gentlemen's agreement not to pick this card should it come up. It's true that you can beat it, especially in a multiplayer match, but in some maps and with two player it's not fun anymore. I'd say to implement this option. If you already prepared it, why not have it? You don't have to use it if you don't want to. :)
Ratburntro44

Post by Ratburntro44 »

I generally agree with TheRealWVMan here because i) the number of possible house rules is effectively limitless and ii) ratings will no longer reflect the game proper if this is allowed for rated games. There are also other options available (TTS) if the goal is total control over how you choose to play a game.

However, I think our own discussion is likely moot because as I understand it BGA's license terms usually state that BGA will follow official game rules: http://en.doc.boardgamearena.com/images ... Pub_en.pdf. I don't know where to find the license terms for specific games so I'm not 100% sure this applies to Quantum, but if you do intend to add this option, please make sure that it is okay to do so before releasing it.
Idsky

Post by Idsky »

Yes, I was concerned that it wouldn't be true to the board game rules, we probably can't just add whatever rule options we want on a licensed game.
galehar

Post by galehar »

I agree with TheRealWVMan. And indeed, you can't modify a licensed game like that. I'm pretty sure there's a BGA policy against unofficial variants.

Return to “Quantum”