No change for Arena mode (S2) ?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
flolem

No change for Arena mode (S2) ?

Post by flolem »

Seems no change have been made for this new Arena season :(

First, I think there was a poll last season about having hint or not and the result was we let for season 1 but remove them for season 2.
Personnaly, I don't bother this hint so not a problem for me.

But the config are still:
- GT5
- one lap
- long track
- Sunny
- 3 players

There so many option available to change.
First, could be good to switch between GT5 and GT6.

Second, 4 players is a better option than 3 players.

Third, let the weather random

Fourth, 2 laps are generally better but I understand thaht take more time so maybe select medium track instead of long track ?

Seems that we need poll to change things in Arena but don't know how to do a poll so I let this topic for everyone comment.
Imay

Re: No change for Arena mode (S2) ?

Post by Imay »

I agree.
Especially on Category.
GT5 is very different than GT6 and very specific. We saw this in S1 with most top players playing the same way : going flat out with non realistic gear changes.
GT6 is a bit more tricky as it doens't allow this way to play.
nmego

Post by nmego »

Strongly suggest going by GT-6 or at least changing some of the settings.
Murrur

Post by Murrur »

There are many preferences for GT, but personally I think GT5 shows most talent to play. GT5 allows players to manipulate crash locations, allows more sophisticated blocking, but also players are not automatically blocked if another player lands with higher gear.

I think 2 laps on long track would be too long for many players. One long race takes already quite long time to play, even more than hour sometimes. Being arena, I think we need to consider that many people have possibility to play. I think 2 laps and short track would be more competitive than one long track, because players can't catch each other on long laps always.
TheRealWVMan

Post by TheRealWVMan »

I like GT-5. I hope they keep it. But random weather appeals to me.
Heezdad

Post by Heezdad »

Strongly agree with expanding GT options. I’d rather have all 3 included with a randomiser option. I know a lot of the top players prefer GT5 as it allows them to consistently roll about 15 dice (slight exaggeration) knowing they can always crash ‘safely’ whilst accumulating tons of FTs. I don’t like this aspect of the game, as it seems way too lenient and encourages reckless driving.
compte obelète

Post by compte obelète »

The gt5 safe rolls can be done in gt4 (2,3,4,w,w,w,1) and gt 6 (2,3,4,5,w,w,1), but not as effective as gt5

Well, gt6 is a crash fest, and gt4 isn't competitive enough.

I also agree that 1 lap is a bit too much the same, and long track isn't always the best. Either 2 whit med, or 3 whit short.

I think between 3-4 players is a great moment. 5 kinda bit meh, and 6 is too much, while 2 isn't great in races, except is more straight away for competition.
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

Hello

Don't hesitate to create a poll on this forum and to recall us before the end of next season.

We are trying to follow everything but with 250 games on BGA we can miss things :)
compte obelète

Post by compte obelète »

I wonder what was the highest elo on games, like at least, we know if there was a master elo level. Gonna be nicer.
Alexfighter

Post by Alexfighter »

I don't mind keeping everything as it is, but would like a lot to have 4 players races.

2 lap would be cool too for my liking, but I understand games might be too long.

Return to “Rallyman: GT”