Call for Beta testers

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Idsky

Call for Beta testers

Post by Idsky »

Hi Quantum fans,
I'm doing the finishing touches on the update and I'd love some beta testers.
If you could get a login on https://studio.boardgamearena.com/
and search for the game 'qtest' and try it out.

You can click 'express start' to fill a game with players, then once you go to the game, click the little red triangles next to other players to open a tab as them.

I made some new maps which I think are interesting and would love to know if you want all / some of them on the live server. Plus the 6+7 cube random option, and the 2 missing official maps. All these things (new maps, huge maps, unofficial maps) are off by default (more new settings! so I think it's okay to put them live for playing with). Due to technical update limitations, all of my new maps had to go at the bottom of the select field but I can add more into the correct order within my new section even after it goes live.

I generated text-based map preview 'descriptions' for the table view!

Each game gets matching-number planets chosen randomly from the map tiles now, so you don't see the same planets every time.

All with the exact same graphics filesize as before (really! I thought it'd be a bit more but it was 3.2MB before and after, just better optimised).
Try it on a big screen.

Now that the cards can be huge, I moved them over to the left to reduce the mouse movement between clicking scrapyard and map.
Een

Re: Call for Beta testers

Post by Een »

This is an occasion to remind developers that the studio is for... developers :D

If you need a small pool of testers, you can ask other developers for feedback in the developers forum.
If you need a bigger pool of testers, the best would be to ask for your project to be moved to alpha, in order to be directly playtestable on BGA without players needing to create a new account and overloading the studio.
Idsky

Re: Call for Beta testers

Post by Idsky »

Een wrote: 09 July 2020, 17:18 This is an occasion to remind developers that the studio is for... developers :D

If you need a small pool of testers, you can ask other developers for feedback in the developers forum.
If you need a bigger pool of testers, the best would be to ask for your project to be moved to alpha, in order to be directly playtestable on BGA without players needing to create a new account and overloading the studio.
Oops, that makes sense! Thanks, I'll ask on the dev forum. I've tried to keep away from the game logic besides gameoptions. But I've changed a few UI bits.

Return to “Quantum”