Arena version?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
billybobb

Arena version?

Post by billybobb »

Hi,

I would support a switch to a 2 player version in arena mode, as for similar games like Koryo. It would remove some randomness in a 1v1 match.
Also, I think that there is few players in Arena (long waiting time), so less players could speed up the things.
Hardin2000

Re: Arena version?

Post by Hardin2000 »

Yeah same for me.

Red7 is one of my favorite games, but is much better played with 2 (it's much more tactical). Or at least with 3.

With 4 players is too much random, we just try to survive. It's like a different game.
The other problem is the long queues:
It's 20-40 minutes wait at best hours, and impossible to make a group after 10 PM Uk, till 10 AM.
With 2 players will be much easier to make Red7 Arena Games, (much faster queues) and the game will look like the same we play on tournaments.

3 players could be tested as another option. Any of those is much better than the 4 players option.

Thank you,
Last edited by Hardin2000 on 26 May 2020, 03:59, edited 1 time in total.
Cheery Dog

Post by Cheery Dog »

I agree that 2 player red 7 would feel more competitive.
While there always will be some luck value to the cards you draw, playing the 4 player version the deck will often run out, and that changes how the game will play out.

A change like this would also allow quicker access to more people to reach elite league, and better competition.
Asia-Funtasia

Post by Asia-Funtasia »

Yes, please! It is almost not possible to "find" a group of four people for real time playing in arena-mode!
I tried several days and did already all my house work in the mean time while waiting!!!
Hardin2000

Post by Hardin2000 »

Well i created an account just for Arena Red7, 2 months ago because of long queues. So I could queue there and still play other games on main account.

But was still frustrating this 40 minutes arena queues.

So I tried with that account play turn based and it was awesome.The game with 4 people it's a lot of fun. Well it's true that with 4, in 15%-20% of the games we will die fast, because of a poor hand. But on other (80-85% of games) we can plan a strategy and actually try to win.
And it's a LOT of fun.

So 4 people in real time it's very bad because of long queues and too short time to plan a strategy. But in turn based is actually fun, and interesting.

So I suggest a mixed solution for 3rd season. 4 people on turn based, and 2 people on real time.

What you guys think?
Cheery Dog

Post by Cheery Dog »

The same settings (and player counts) are required for both real time and turn based. Unless everything everywhere changes.

But maybe it's worth trying 3 players for season 3.

Return to “Red7”