Game not loading

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
Zaibor

Game not loading

Post by Zaibor »

A few minutes ago i joined a Puerto Rico game. Everyone accepted to start the game, as usual the loading bar appeared, but the game was taking a while to start, at least for me.

I refreshed the page, saw a page of the game without everything loaded, with a message at the top about an important module not being loaded or something, with the suggestion to reload the page at the end, so I refreshed again.

Again i saw the loading page, the loading bar got stuck at 81%, I opened BGA on another tab and rejoined the game, same thing, the loading bar stuck, but at least it advanced to 87%.

I went to the previous page on the new tab, opened the chat of the table, saw the message of inactivity, the players were skipping my turn already, I told them i couldn't see the game, I looked at the other tab, the game was still loading, I couldn't do anything.

So i got a leave and lost 10% of my reputation, it's not a big deal, but if this were to happen again, is there something that can be done to solve this? Or a way to avoid this? Earlier this day I played a game of Puerto Rico without any problems, also after this happened I played a game of 7 Wonders with no problems, so I don't know what happened.

Also I don't know if this post should go in this part of the forum.
JollyBird

Re: Game not loading

Post by JollyBird »

Having the same problem right now with games not (completely) loading and sometimes getting error message of missing file or something else.
Only the problems I have is with several turnbased games.
fafa-fr

Post by fafa-fr »

Hi,
Could this be related to this issue?
https://boardgamearena.com/forum/viewto ... 848#p64105
(please let us know if it's the case or not)
Zaibor

Post by Zaibor »

I use Google Chrome as browser, until now I have not had the same problem again. If I do I will take a screenshot.

On that ocassion i could see one part of the game, only the delivery ships on screen, (there were no player boards, buildings, etc)- I also remember when the loading bar was stuck at 81% it said something about game art being loaded, i think.

Return to “Discussions”