Red Thumb Misusers Found

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
ArielFriedrichGauss

Red Thumb Misusers Found

Post by ArielFriedrichGauss »

I am Ariel, and I have been the innocent victims of red thumbs recently.
After I played on table Downforce 106445564, I received a red thumb without reason. I didn't use bad language, didn't participate in kingmaking, nothing. It seems that someone on that table misuses the red thumb system for special purposes.
I warn everyone here to beware of this situation, and I am asking for improvement of the red thumb system. Thank you.
AmericanEagle

Re: Red Thumb Misusers Found

Post by AmericanEagle »

Good question,
First, how does one know when they are Green or Red Thumb?
Second, could someone explain what can be done when someone Red Thumb's you for no reason?
Third, is there a way to see your Green or Red Thumbs?

Great web site, so much I do not know about these things here at BGA.
I'm willing to learn; just roll up the newspaper, hit me on the nose and point me in the right direction.

E
Jest Phulin

Post by Jest Phulin »

AmericanEagle wrote: 12 August 2020, 13:08 Second, could someone explain what can be done when someone Red Thumb's you for no reason?
Don't worry about it. :) It takes a large red:green ratio to negatively affect one's Karma, but only takes a finished game to positively affect it. Some people throw around red thumbs just because they didn't win the game. Fortunately, someone has to give out several green thumbs in order to give a public red thumb. I don't remember what the exact ratio is, though.

AmericanEagle wrote: 12 August 2020, 13:08 Third, is there a way to see your Green or Red Thumbs?
Not easily. If you pull up the HTML code of your profile and dig deep into it, I think you can see the player IDs of one color, but not the other. This may be old information, though. It may have changed.
Chauff

Post by Chauff »

I just checked, it displays red thumbs, taken and given. But I don't see any way to know if the red thumb was public or private.

Return to “Downforce”