[ATTENTION NEEDED] Serious situation

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Usay Dress A H

[ATTENTION NEEDED] Serious situation

Post by Usay Dress A H »

Two beginners are playing Takenoko.
They didn't know how to play objectives, so neither of them played any.
So the game continued for a long time resulting thousands of bamboo sections in their plate.

Please add a reminder that reminds beginners to play their plots/gardeners objectives.
My username ends with a capital H and a space bar.
Tisaac

Re: [ATTENTION NEEDED] Serious situation

Post by Tisaac »

What ? So they are playing a game and not wondering how to score/end the game ? What's next ?
Jest Phulin

Post by Jest Phulin »

Also, when should this notification appear? The instant that they have a completed objective? That will get quite annoying to experienced players, who are most likely well aware that they completed an objective. Also, there is definitely strategy involved in when to reveal that certain objectives are done.

Does the message appear in the log? If so, then it reveals information to other players that shouldn't be revealed. "Player XX has an objective card they can reveal" If we were supposed to know what other player's objectives were, we wouldn't see just the backs of their cards.

Having people not rushing to the end of a game is not a serious situation. If the two players are happy, that's the point of the game. If there was a third person involved who knew the interface, they got the win. No problems.
RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix »

A beginner doesn't read the rules and plays a game wrong.... when has that ever happened before?

You'll have to add your own dry-witted-sarcastic tone.
whatshisbucket

Post by whatshisbucket »

please send game link, I would love to see this fiasco.
Usay Dress A H

Post by Usay Dress A H »

Jest Phulin wrote: 02 September 2020, 09:20 Also, when should this notification appear? The instant that they have a completed objective? That will get quite annoying to experienced players, who are most likely well aware that they completed an objective. Also, there is definitely strategy involved in when to reveal that certain objectives are done.

Does the message appear in the log? If so, then it reveals information to other players that shouldn't be revealed. "Player XX has an objective card they can reveal" If we were supposed to know what other player's objectives were, we wouldn't see just the backs of their cards.

Having people not rushing to the end of a game is not a serious situation. If the two players are happy, that's the point of the game. If there was a third person involved who knew the interface, they got the win. No problems.
The message should appear in the white bar popping up, not the log.
Ankeszu

Post by Ankeszu »

I think it's the matter of interface, not understanding the rules. Maybe such bar (You are able to complete an objective. Click on the objective card to fulfill it.) would be useful, for players who played 0 Takenoko games on this site... As a regular player I would be highly annoyed by such bar.
Usay Dress A H

Post by Usay Dress A H »

Ankeszu wrote: 05 September 2020, 00:44 I think it's the matter of interface, not understanding the rules. Maybe such bar (You are able to complete an objective. Click on the objective card to fulfill it.) would be useful, for players who played 0 Takenoko games on this site... As a regular player I would be highly annoyed by such bar.
This bar is especially needed if ALL players at this table are beginners.

Return to “Takenoko”