Where are all the posts?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Giordano Bruno 1974

Where are all the posts?

Post by Giordano Bruno 1974 »

I can't believe a game as good as this doesn't have any posts in the forum. Is this game unpopular?

Who else plays?
Woodruff

Re: Where are all the posts?

Post by Woodruff »

Hi :)

I do play that game and enjoy it.
I am not surprised that game not to be very popular though; classic card games usually meet fewer audiance than board games and among card games Saint Poker is not broadly known (unlike Belote, Oh Hell! or French Tarot for instance), even if it's a dang good game.
As long as I can find some people to play sometimes I am OK with that :)

Take care,

Woodruff
Giordano Bruno 1974

Good to hear from you. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this is a good game.

Actually I had never heard of this game before BGA.
RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix »

Giordano Bruno 1974 wrote: 07 September 2020, 19:40 Good to hear from you. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this is a good game.

This is perhaps quite likely, since it was only ever a game I created for a BGG forum competition.
https://boardgamegeek.com/forum/974620/ ... n-contests

I'm glad you like it. I had the thought of putting it up on BGA, it's quite simple and it's not got much art work or anything. It was a good first project to start in BGA Studio. I was half thinking BGA would not allow me to publish it, but they did :) and it gets more plays than my other BGA project Palace. 8-)

I tried my best to see if I could level the playing field, without just luck of the best cards dealt. I did realise that the betting was perhaps the best part of Texas hold 'em, but it also makes the game much much longer. I wanted to keep the game relatively simple and introduce as much strategy as possible. I think I probably took inspiration from Koryo and a bit of Oh Hell, and kept the winner-takes-all theme of regular poker.

I have a itch that I'll probably never likely scratch to make a proper full blooded board-game that I would also bring to BGA.
I used to play a lot of Netrunner and vampire:TES. So in my mind it will be something similar with bluff, bloodshed and lots of frantic card playing.
Giordano Bruno 1974

RicardoRix wrote: 07 September 2020, 23:30
Giordano Bruno 1974 wrote: 07 September 2020, 19:40 Good to hear from you. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this is a good game.

This is perhaps quite likely, since it was only ever a game I created for a BGG forum competition.
https://boardgamegeek.com/forum/974620/ ... n-contests

I'm glad you like it. I had the thought of putting it up on BGA, it's quite simple and it's not got much art work or anything. It was a good first project to start in BGA Studio. I was half thinking BGA would not allow me to publish it, but they did :) and it gets more plays than my other BGA project Palace. 8-)

I tried my best to see if I could level the playing field, without just luck of the best cards dealt. I did realise that the betting was perhaps the best part of Texas hold 'em, but it also makes the game much much longer. I wanted to keep the game relatively simple and introduce as much strategy as possible. I think I probably took inspiration from Koryo and a bit of Oh Hell, and kept the winner-takes-all theme of regular poker.

I have a itch that I'll probably never likely scratch to make a proper full blooded board-game that I would also bring to BGA.
I used to play a lot of Netrunner and vampire:TES. So in my mind it will be something similar with bluff, bloodshed and lots of frantic card playing.
I prefer this "poker" without the bidding. I was never any good at that.

I also played "palace" (we had a ruder name for it at school), I beat my kids three times in three games and now they don't want to play any more.

Return to “Saint Poker”