Kingdom Builders: More kingdoms to build!

Board Game Arena Official announcements
DrClick

Kingdom Builders: More kingdoms to build!

Post by DrClick »

We can't get enough Kingdoms to build.
That's why to quench your thirst for power, we offer you Kingdom Builder!

In Kingdom Builder, the players create their own kingdoms by skillfully building their settlements, aiming to earn the most gold at the end of the game.

Nine different kinds of terrain are on the variable game board, including locations and castles. During their turn, a player plays their terrain card and builds three settlements on three hexes of this kind. If possible, a new settlement must be built next to one of that player’s existing settlements. When building next to a location, the player may seize an extra action tile that he may use from his next turn on. These extra actions allow extraordinary actions such as moving your settlements.

By building next to a castle, the player will earn gold at the end of the game, but the most gold will be earned by meeting the conditions of the three Kingdom Builder cards; these three cards (from a total of ten in the game) specify the conditions that must be met in order to earn the much-desired gold, such as earning gold for your settlements built next to water hexes or having the majority of settlements in a sector of the board.

On each game, players will use a random set of Kingdom Builder cards (3 of 10), of special actions (4 of 8), and of terrain sectors to build the map (4 of 8), ensuring you won't play the same game twice!

That's a game you'll enjoy to discover, and you can do so right here:
https://boardgamearena.com/gamepanel?ga ... dombuilder

The game has been one of the most popular on BGA in BETA version, so we have no doubts it will rock now that it's fully released.
All our thanks go to the publisher Queen Games, to the designer Donald X. Vaccarino and to our developer, Tisaac, who made it easy to play online in a fully-functional version here on BGA that you'll love. Guaranteed!

“My Crown is in my heart, not on my head:
Not deck'd with Diamonds, and Indian stones:
Nor to be seen: my Crown is call'd Content,
A Crown it is, that seldom Kings enjoy.”

― William Shakespeare, King Henry VI, Part 3
riouxmax

Re: Kingdom Builders: More kingdoms to build!

Post by riouxmax »

I discovered Kingdom Builder here on BGA, and really love this game. So first of all, thanks to everyone who has made this possible!

I noticed it has quite a few expansions, any plans on bringing them to the website?
Grunman

Post by Grunman »

oh, can i only comment the original text, not the translation?
dragonsfire76

Post by dragonsfire76 »

riouxmax wrote: 23 September 2020, 11:59 I discovered Kingdom Builder here on BGA, and really love this game. So first of all, thanks to everyone who has made this possible!

I noticed it has quite a few expansions, any plans on bringing them to the website?
As an owner of the Big Box 2nd Edition, I was wondering the same thing. The base game is somewhat like Dominion base set....fun, but a little basic after you start to get the hang of things....and leaves you wanting more possibilities/variety.
Cloud64

Post by Cloud64 »

Deleted. Comment incorrect. TO see a different Kingdom about from the beta you need to select the random option.
Last edited by Cloud64 on 24 September 2020, 19:38, edited 1 time in total.
Villanelle

Post by Villanelle »

I also hope the expansions will be integrated! I love the game but the expansions would make it only more fun.
Thanks for adding this on BGA.
Stu_1977_SEmelb

Post by Stu_1977_SEmelb »

I can't wait to get stuck into this one! :) I've only ever played it once.

Ten cards? Not twelve?
PTimePaul

Post by PTimePaul »

This is a game I own and love, but my friends never dug into like I did. Thank you so much for making this available. Great implementation.
PetrGasparik

Post by PetrGasparik »

Grunman wrote: 23 September 2020, 12:24 oh, can i only comment the original text, not the translation?
It looks like. Do you need to comment the translation?
AndyM

Post by AndyM »

VERY happy to have this on BGA! One thing: The base game loses it's appeal after X amount of plays. Are there plans to bring in any expansions?? Pleeeeeease!

Return to “Official announcements [en]”