Why is the card SO TINY when revealing opponent's hand?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
twenty9oh7

Why is the card SO TINY when revealing opponent's hand?

Post by twenty9oh7 »

Just rediscovered my love for this game on here and I am having a lot of fun, however, I hate having to guess what an opponent's card is when I force them to show their hand. Does anybody else have this issue when playing on PC, or is it just me?
voriki

Re: Why is the card SO TINY when revealing opponent's hand?

Post by voriki »

It's small yes, but for people who know the cards it poses no problem. You could focus on the card numbers perhaps and then check with the reference card at the bottom. For a 5-8 player game you would need to know the card designs a bit better.

It would also be nice if it also showed in the log only visible to you, or those players involved.

Example:
Player A plays Priest on Player B
Player B reveals card to Player A
[Player B reveals King] - only visible to Player A and B(those involved)

Player B plays King on Player C
Player B and C exchange hands
[Player B exchanges Baron with Player C's Handmaiden] - only visible to player B and C

Player C Plays Cardinal on Player D and E
Player D and Player E exchange hands
[Player D exchanges Jester with Player E's Assasin] - only visible to player D and E
Player C selects Player D for revealing his card.
Player D reveals card to Player C
[Player D reveals Princess] - only visible to Player C and D
This would help out in turnbased games, and it is hard to note down every turn what card you had, if you get King'd. And I play on Mobile sometimes, and can't replay moves.
twenty9oh7

Post by twenty9oh7 »

I understand the familiarity of the cards, but it is very easy to miss it, and it doesn't make sense to me for it to be so small when the other cards in your hand are larger. I do like the idea of it being in the log and only visible to you. This would solve the small card problem too.
mauerpower

Post by mauerpower »

I agree 100%. We own two commercial physical copies of this game (Legend of the 5 Rings and Letters to Santa), but the copy we've played with most is one I put together from a partial Star Trek Uno deck I thrifted :D . In short, we know the game well, but we are not very familiar with the cards as they appear in the BGA version, and trying to identify the revealed card is a hassle. I would love it if the card was larger AND it appeared in only the viewer's log. It's been a little while since I played it here, but I seem to recall that it automatically disappears too? If I'm right about that, I'd also prefer if it displayed until you confirmed via button-click "I have seen it" (like with the map cards in Saboteur).

Return to “Love Letter”