Having a hard time really seeing the board or cards

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
dante_dane

Having a hard time really seeing the board or cards

Post by dante_dane »

Are there any settings I'm missing in regards to seeing the clue cards, treasure cubes (that indicate potential spots for the treasure until they are eliminated) or the board itself better? The clue cards are almost impossible, I have to hover over each one to get a pop up explanation. And so many of the treasure cubes are practically invisible on the board except for the white ones which usually stand out. The black ones on any dark space? No chance. I have it selected to Higher Definition, and there is a noticeable change, but barely.

You can't even really zoom in. For some reason the clue cards stay the same size no matter what you do, then the board pushes everything off screen if it gets too big. Or given the really small amount of forum traffic is this just a game not many people play? Which is too bad, it looks like a lot of fun.... I'm just getting a headache trying to see what's happening, which is maybe why more people aren't playing.
dante_dane

Re: Having a hard time really seeing the board or cards

Post by dante_dane »

Just to follow up---I played another game with a friend and it was a little easier to see. I think once you play a couple games you know what the clue cards mean without needing to look real close.

Some of the treasure markers are tough to spot, the black ones on the black mountain spaces are REALLY hard to keep track of, and some other markers on certain terrain are tricky. If anyone ever makes any updates to the game a thin white border around the treasure markers would be really huge in helping identify where they are. Just an idea. :)
Meeplelowda

Post by Meeplelowda »

dante_dane wrote: 17 August 2020, 05:15 If anyone ever makes any updates to the game a thin white border around the treasure markers would be really huge in helping identify where they are. Just an idea. :)
The cubes on the board are highlighted if you hover over the pile of unused cubes of the same color.
dante_dane

Post by dante_dane »

Meeplelowda wrote: 17 August 2020, 06:18 The cubes on the board are highlighted if you hover over the pile of unused cubes of the same color.
Yeah, and that is a must to really see where the cubes are. Like I said, a thin white line around each cube would really make them easy to see. And it wouldn't have to be thick in the least, just something to set the cube apart.
FoxxWild

Post by FoxxWild »

Hello! I love the game of Tobago. Wish that the game is in such a low resolution on the site. I don't know what to do to improve this. We need high resolution pictures.

Return to “Tobago”