Inconsistency in confirm?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Jest Phulin

Inconsistency in confirm?

Post by Jest Phulin »

I think I just noticed an inconsistency in how the confirm button works, but am looking for others to verify it before I submit a report.

It seemed like when a game was set up from the real-time lobby and set to training mode (untimed), the confirm button had a count-down timer on it. But, when a game was set up from the turn-based lobby and changed to training mode (untimed), the confirm button did not have a count-down timer.

Has anyone else seen this behavior?
Is it worth trying to request a code analysis to make training mode (untimed) games consistent no matter which lobby the game was created in?

It's a great game implementation. Inconsistencies bug me a bit, though. :)
Raal

Re: Inconsistency in confirm?

Post by Raal »

It have been removed from turn-based games.
Training mode is just thinking time setting and seems aparted from table type (realtime or turnbased).
I think it's rare case to change turnbased games into training mode, so there is low requirement for these analysis.

Although It is implemented only Santrini and Kingdom Builder, it should be BGA site bug If it considered as bug.
Tisaac

Re: Inconsistency in confirm?

Post by Tisaac »

Yeah, the timer is indeed off in TB games.
I agree that I could disable it by default on training mode also.
Actually, our last updates on Santorini for that was to let the player choose whether they want the timer or not using user preference.
I think I'll also propagate the code change here on Kingdomb Builder since I believe it's the best option on this topic.

Return to “Kingdom Builder”