Teamwork abuse in odds play

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Holdenbj

Teamwork abuse in odds play

Post by Holdenbj »

I played an interesting game with the odds variant today. Black was in last place most of the game but lo and behold, black won. What was interesting is that 5 of the 6 players bet black at all three stages. It seemed a little suspicious so I looked at some histories. These same 5 players consistently play together with odds variant and they consistently get monster scores. Its all for fun, so no skin off my nose, but it seems like pretty blatant teamwork/kingmaking. I know the BGA policy is that we should just red thumb kingmakers and move on, but come on! There should be some response for people that blatantly abuse the spirit of the game.
_MJL_

Re: Teamwork abuse in odds play

Post by _MJL_ »

what is the point? have they nothing better to do with themselves?!

idiots. idiots everywhere.... :)
Jest Phulin

Post by Jest Phulin »

Kingmaking is specifically against the terms of service. Each player's profile has a "report this player" link, and kingmaking is one of the categories that can be chosen for the report.

While a private red thumb is good, there is a method to get a response for people who blatantly abuse the spirit of the game. But administration cannot analyze everything, and must be directed to potential problems through the reporting system.

Oh, and _MKL_: The point is to win. Because some people keep score by victory points, some by ELO, some by bank account values, some by the size of their house, some by the size of their car. And some people keep score in life by the amount of happiness they've been a part of. :)
Lymon Flowers

Post by Lymon Flowers »

Holdenbj wrote: 01 November 2020, 02:47 I played an interesting game with the odds variant today. Black was in last place most of the game but lo and behold, black won. What was interesting is that 5 of the 6 players bet black at all three stages. It seemed a little suspicious so I looked at some histories. These same 5 players consistently play together with odds variant and they consistently get monster scores. Its all for fun, so no skin off my nose, but it seems like pretty blatant teamwork/kingmaking. I know the BGA policy is that we should just red thumb kingmakers and move on, but come on! There should be some response for people that blatantly abuse the spirit of the game.
Kingmaking being disallowed, perhaps you should either report or tell them that they should not play that way with other people. We all play for fun but life is short, it is just painful to play a tricked game. Most people play the odd variant as expected, I hope this has not disgusted you of Downforce!

Return to “Downforce”