Feature needed

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
gabusan

Feature needed

Post by gabusan »

This game needs a feature that counts what color has the majority in an area. The way it is now, you have to keep counting and it is tiresome, not enjoyable at all.
RicardoRix

Re: Feature needed

Post by RicardoRix »

So what would you do in the real-life board game?
mattyoung27

Post by mattyoung27 »

Hehe, it's true that in real life you have to count, but it is nice when playing on a computer that the computer can do it for you! Especially for Farmers and Lords. You have to do a lot of counting when those cards are in play!

Sometimes it's nice to not know who's winning, so I don't think it should be displayed all the time.

Perhaps it might be a good option to be able to click somewhere (on the kingdom card?) to tell you what your current score is for that card? Or, next to a board section, small coloured buttons to tell you how many settlements of each colour are on that section?
nccc

Post by nccc »

Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

nccc wrote: 03 November 2020, 13:42 plz vote THIS
https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=27374
You should create a specific game suggestion instead otherwise no-one will find it when looking at suggestion about kingdom builder :
https://boardgamearena.com/bugs?game=1225
Crispy23

Post by Crispy23 »

It would make it easier, but it takes away part of a focus element of the game where you might miss a single piece in the corner or a single piece (either your own or opponents) mixed in with a bunch of other pieces. So I’m mostly against it to keep it more realistic to playing in person.
nccc

Post by nccc »

Crispy23 wrote: 14 November 2020, 02:23 It would make it easier, but it takes away part of a focus element of the game where you might miss a single piece in the corner or a single piece (either your own or opponents) mixed in with a bunch of other pieces. So I’m mostly against it to keep it more realistic to playing in person.
if its made in a option then u dont have to go against it, just close it :)
Jest Phulin

Post by Jest Phulin »

While I am generally in favor of having the computer make human life easier, I think in this case it would make too drastic of a change from the physical game. Yes, it is tedious, but it can be done and affects the strategy decisions of the players. If you don't want to count, you shouldn't get the benefit of knowing who has the most.
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

There is probably going to be running totals as a table option once I got the time to do it. Maybe at the end of the month.
That being said, I will probably not display how many houses in each corners but just the total golds of each player.
nccc

Post by nccc »

ok ty

Return to “Kingdom Builder”