Animation trop rapide

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Dragonours

Animation trop rapide

Post by Dragonours »

Bonjour, bravos pour cette fantastique adaptation.

Par contre, serait-il possible d'ajouter un option pour permettre de visialisé l'exécutions des cartes une a la fois?

Exemple: une case a cocher, rendant un bouton next automatique ou non comme la mine dans "dice forge"

Merci
JusterGame

Re: Animation trop rapide

Post by JusterGame »

I agree and raised something like this in the feedback.
I feel that when actions are NOT undertaken (bandit cannot shoot anybody, for example), the animation and the move onto the next action is FAR too fast and it's unexplained, causing confusion (and mild distress) to those who are NOT yet expert.

But Greg told me "Actually such a feedback is already in place : when a character cannot perform an action, you can see a sweat drop next to their meeple for a second or two."

I shall have to play and see what I think - but with respect Greg, there's a lot of difference between "a second" and "or two".

Keep up the good work, anyway .... :D
Quinarbre

Post by Quinarbre »

Greg did not answer, I did ;)
It's not a problem to make it longer or less automated ; but at the same time, there are other players asking for more automation (for example when there's only a single target).
There's always the possibility to add more options, but then you'd get messages from people who don't understand the options because there are too many of them...

Tradeoffs have to be found ; with more then 230.000 games played over 6 years, I think it works as is for most people, but if your suggestions gather enough followers, I'll be glad to implement them.
JusterGame

Post by JusterGame »

I have just added a reply to another user who'd asked for slower animations in Colt Express ... but that's just TWO of us . :(

I suppose we'll just have to live with the fact that speedy animation is there for the regulars and 'keenies'. Sadly (but honestly) there does seem to be a certain resistance from within BGA to countenance the possibility that this makes some 'board' games not so nice for those more casual members that aren't yet expert - and perhaps never will be so).

(Oh, commendations again to the Alhambra developer, for a wonderful rate of animation during scoring.)

Return to “Colt Express”