Visual sign when Constable is discarded by card effect?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
voriki

Visual sign when Constable is discarded by card effect?

Post by voriki »

Assume the Constable is discarded early in the game through the effect of a Prince or Bishop guess. So it goes to the Card Graveyard, but the (6) ☠️ skull is visually shown to differentiate it from King.

But if would be nice that there is a visual difference when it is discarded by play, or discarded by effect, as several turns in, no one recalls how it was discarded.
qwertasdfg

Re: Visual sign when Constable is discarded by card effect?

Post by qwertasdfg »

But it doesn't matter for anything later on by what means it was discarded.
voriki

Post by voriki »

Doesn't it?
I always thought Constables effect only applied when it was played, and not if it was discarded by another mean(Prince), but I could be wrong.
Honestly I just checked the rulebook and BGG(limited time as I at work) and I couldn't find anything that says one or the other.
Rooster6975

Post by Rooster6975 »

In Love Letter, when you play a card or someone forces you to discard a card, they both end up in your discard pile. That is all that matters in terms of the Constable. The effect of the Constable is not applied when discarded, but only if it is found in your discard pile after you have been knocked out. So it makes no difference at all how it ended up in your discard pile, either played or forced. You get the point if someone eliminates you, you don't if you get to the end of the round and win/lose on the value of your remaining card.

Return to “Love Letter”