Choice of Kingdom Cards/board sections

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
mattyoung27

Choice of Kingdom Cards/board sections

Post by mattyoung27 »

I love the Kingdom Builder game here - I think it is implemented brilliantly, so well done on that! Even my wife thinks so and she didn't think she would like it online :)

One thing that's good in real life is being able to choose Kingdom Cards and board sections that you haven't played with for a while. I normally start with a random selection and then adjust it a little bit. Could it be possible to choose these options at the start:

Board and Objectives
- First game [this is a good feature!]
- Random
- Assortment of the day [a bit like the feature that Hanabi has on BGA...]
- Chosen
I must admit, I can't quite work out how the choosing would work. If you can though, I would be extremely grateful! Thank you again for the hard work that has gone into this :)
Nobyeni

Re: Choice of Kingdom Cards/board sections

Post by Nobyeni »

I like this suggestion!
Jest Phulin

Post by Jest Phulin »

Choosing the objective cards shouldn't be that difficult. Have a section with all card names, with a checkbox by each one. If any number besides three of them are chosen, lock out the start game option and disallow turn-based joiners.

Choosing board configuration would be a bit more difficult, as that would either require a graphical element in the lobby, or a consistent text name for each board.
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

Jest Phulin wrote: 23 November 2020, 21:18 Choosing the objective cards shouldn't be that difficult. Have a section with all card names, with a checkbox by each one. If any number besides three of them are chosen, lock out the start game option and disallow turn-based joiners.

Choosing board configuration would be a bit more difficult, as that would either require a graphical element in the lobby, or a consistent text name for each board.
Except that we cannot do checkboxes as gameoption so I would need one gameoption for each objective and even like that I cannot check the fact that at least 3 out of all objectives cards with current BGA framework games options...
So yes, it is that difficult with current framework.
Jest Phulin

Post by Jest Phulin »

I stand corrected. Thank you for the explanation.

Yeah, a drop-down menu with all possible configurations would be a bit much.
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

The only way around would be to actually choose the objective cards at the beggining of the game, like we did in Santorini, but not sure who should be choosing the objectives then in that case, and that would also means people can't choose the table depending on the objectives (they will only see that the table is using "chosen" game option)
RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix »

If you have combo box for each with Yes/No.
If the game starts with less than 4, then randomly choose the rest, if more than 4 then randomly discard down to 4.
The text in the table setup could be considered misleading with more than 4, but I think you have a good excuse.

All in all though it sounds like 'Chosen' would actually be better. The table creator could add something to the 'Presentation' field if they feel necessary.
Maybe each player get a choice.

Return to “Kingdom Builder”