Clans Needs "Undo" Function

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
PeanutButterSmuggler

Clans Needs "Undo" Function

Post by PeanutButterSmuggler »

An "undo" function would vastly improve game play and would not have any adverse affects. Please include!
DrakeStorm

Re: Clans Needs "Undo" Function

Post by DrakeStorm »

I agree. The game is very unforgiving where small mistakes can have big consequences. An undo button, either the entire turn or just the last part of the action would help greatly.
Felix531531

Post by Felix531531 »

I agree. Especially when buying and selling items AND how many to buy or sell. Part of the problem is having 1) to remember how many you intended to buy/sell 2) needing to scroll and find your current contract to see what you need. I have clicked the button and cursed in frustration as I did what was an obvious mistake, and as a result changed (usually ruined) my game. online gaming IMO is emulating the game played with a real board and real people. If I was playing with real people I would take my goods and move the marker on the market board. If I then moved it up instead of down (or vice versa) the real people would notice and comment. They know I am buying, they also know I am selling. And if I buy one and then change my mind and say "I am going to buy two instead", NO ONE, except a jerk, would say "no you can not". BUT that is exactly what the computer is doing to you.
IN conclusion...the online game should mirror the real board game as much as possible, and having an UNDO button really effects no one else at that time, it is after all...my turn.
dmk11

Post by dmk11 »

OMG.. I can't think of another game on BGA where this is needed so badly. It's a long game too, so when you messed up, it has big consequences that last (seemingly) forever.

I found a feature request for it, can everyone vote it up? https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=13426&vote
Gardamun

Post by Gardamun »

I would vote against an undo button, or at least I'd only want a very limited undo button (like a limit of uses per game). I don't want players to have the ability to do their whole turn just to test things out, only to undo it and try another iteration. Making small mistakes is something I do all the time, but I'd rather lose the game than increase the playing time by 30%.
actaion

Post by actaion »

Lucysaurus wrote: 04 May 2020, 21:33 An "undo" function would vastly improve game play and would not have any adverse affects. Please include!
word

Return to “Clans of Caledonia”