Edited by moderation.

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Winnou

Edited by moderation.

Post by Winnou »

Hello everyone,

I've juste finished a belote game opened by (edited)
They obviously communicate secretly to cheat!
One takes the lead with barely the minimum because the other has everything. They play too weirdly that it's obvious: never starting with the trump J because the friend got it, then the friend enters in the right color for the ace. And so on. Never a wrong color!
Quite a fast game with that kind of play. Capot is way easier.

They don't answer, only say "oj oj oj" and "gg". When you want to report them you can only select "helps another player to win" and BGA says: best way to report a king maker is to give a red thumb to the winner.
That's it?! Only red thumbs? They can simply continue with their ELO, sure, no problem.

You can watch this game: table=127760707.

*****Name dropping on forums are not allowed******
Moderators
Shippolito

Re: Belote players, don't play with these cheaters

Post by Shippolito »

Hi,
Following your post, I checked and noticed 2 things:
- the first one is obviously what you reported: the way they play is really weird (e.g. https://boardgamearena.com/gamereview?table=127493430).
- the second one is that they use "a BETA option".
The only "BETA option" I am aware of regarding Belote is the one that allows a Premium player to let an homemate player join the same table (= 2 differents accounts that are sharing the same internet connection can join the same table), this is very useful for families but it can be used to cheat obviously.
In my opinion karanikas (Premium account) use his privilege to play from 2 devices (1 from his own account + 1 as giorgos). I guess that admins could confirm this theory.
From my side I'll put them both a red thumb as this way of playing looks too weird to be honest in my humble opinion.
Thanks Winnou for sharing!
Winnou

Post by Winnou »

Yeah, astonishing obvious cheat in the game you shared. Seeing only first fold is enough.
But most of all, nothing to punish that behavior.

Please admins, have a look this way =)
And everybody thumbs down!
Shanki

Post by Shanki »

Hi,
I confirm for ****edited by moderation****..
I faced the same weird situation a few minutes ago against him..

And if you have a look at Shippolito's link.. even the very first move is more than weird.. (the opponent chooses Spade as a Trump color and plays the King of spade.... then Giorgos who 's not supposed to know who has the Jack gives his Ace of diamond... and miraculously his "partner" has the Jack of Spade. Moreover his opponent can plays the 10 of Diamond after :mrgreen: :mrgreen: )

As said before => Red thumb for them (+ Tar & feather please :lol: )
Winnou

Post by Winnou »

I saw your game too, Shanki.

I think all of them are only one player with multiple accounts, i.e edited by moderation is also a "Belote ghost" to win ELO.
Hope he gets a ban.

Return to “Belote”