Early conceed

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Slook

Early conceed

Post by Slook »

Hello,
I think you should really modify the concede rule for this game and allow to concede before
the 50% limit, some kind of an "Early concede" button.
Indeed in this some cases you can be lost as soon as on move N°2 without no way
to coming back ever, and I simply I think that time is lost on both sides here.

Please think about it.

Best.
Last edited by Slook on 07 December 2020, 13:56, edited 1 time in total.
Tisaac

Re: Early conceed

Post by Tisaac »

Slook wrote: 07 December 2020, 12:08 Hello,
I think you should really modify the conceed rule for this game and allow to conceed before
the 50% limit, some kind of an "Early conceed" button.
Indeed in this some cases you can be lost as soon as on move N°2 without no way
to coming back ever, and I simply I think that time is lost on both sides here.

Please think about it.

Best.
I disagree with you here, I don't think the game is settled at move 2, no matter what terrain cards you draw.
If you only like to play when you have "a good start" (not sure what that would be), then you should probably try other games with 0 luck involved, such as Santorini for instance.
Slook

Post by Slook »

Thanks for your answer,
and I cannot agree with you, also it is not about the "good start" you are talking about,
it is about the fact that sometime not matter how well you know the game, and no matter
the luck you have on the draws, the game is simply done very early and there is nothing
that you can do to change the outcome.
I do not have access to BGA statistics, but out of curiosity I would really like to know
how often is Kingdom builder conceded, just compared to any other games,
and how early this happens in the game process ... if the numbers prove me wrong,
well then I would happily ... concede this discussion ;-)
CaptMalHammer

Post by CaptMalHammer »

I agree with the OP here. this game is brutal when it comes to just bad card draw and luck. Someway of just conceding and allow a computer to take over would be welcome. Or a variant where after the 1st turn you draw 2 and pick one. For a Family Weight "Strategy" Game it is missing the mark. i have been working towards 100 plays to make a final judgement on it but am at 92 now and i don't see much changing in the next 8 games. This game is 90 percent luck and that isn't good for an area control game.

Return to “Kingdom Builder”