Arena mode: change of leagues?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
steve5332

Arena mode: change of leagues?

Post by steve5332 »

I've been playing Kingdom Builder in arena mode as soon as it left beta and became eligible. I've slowly climbed the leagues from bronze -> silver -> gold -> platinum -> diamond and now I'm trying to get to elite. It is tough to pick up arena points at the top and for a while it has felt like there are too many leagues in Kingdom Builder with very few players attaining elite status.

In the last few days suddenly there are a lot more elite players. Looking at their records it appears they have gone from gold to elite directly, skipping the platinum and diamond leagues. Does anyone know if the league structure had changed mid-season? Did I miss an announcement? If platinum and diamond have been scrapped will everyone in those leagues automatically get bumped up to elite on completion of their next game?
steve5332

Re: Arena mode: change of leagues?

Post by steve5332 »

Reported as bug #29482: "INCONSISTENCY IN ARENA LEAGUES WITH ABNORMAL ELITE PROMOTION"
Clement123456

Post by Clement123456 »

Is there also already a bug on the league point attribution? The system no longuer give/remove the right amount of points when we win/loose?
steve5332

Post by steve5332 »

Yes, the arena points are awarded based on elite being equal to platinum. I have already reported that in the bug a while ago.
coolpapa

Post by coolpapa »

Wow, that explains it. I've been getting lower numbers of points when winning than I thought I should get recently. Is this restricted to KB somehow, or is it site-wide? I don't play enough Arena in anything else to know.

Return to “Kingdom Builder”