50 players.

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
RicardoRix

50 players.

Post by RicardoRix »

Should the default maximum amount of players really be 50 ??

IMO to setup a table correctly I specify the exact amount I require.
Clicking the very tiny small - button 47 times is annoying.

Also any games starting with so many players is VERY likely to fail due to a player timing out. If you intentionally want a very high player count, then fine, but that should not be the default.

~5 would be better.
ViolentSilence

Re: 50 players.

Post by ViolentSilence »

Don't most games default to the maximum player count on first being set up? Then remember your table setting for later games? I thought this would basically fix itself as people either set their own maximums or just restricted table access to friends/groups. The bigger problem feels like the maximum number of players is just clunky to adjust in games with a wide player range, so if someone wants to opena big table occasionally, it's a lot of faff changing each time. Maybe it's something that could be done as a game set-up option - a small game would be open to 8 initially, medium game up to 24, with a big game open to 50? Then if people wanted to tinker further, they likely wouldn't need to spend as much time adjusting.
nccc

Post by nccc »

well 50 players is just lame.
10 is already enough.
Een

Post by Een »

nccc wrote: 19 December 2020, 06:31 well 50 players is just lame.
10 is already enough.
Please don't revive old threads without checking that they still apply :lol:
If you tried to launch this game, you'd have seen that the default configuration has now been set to a more appropriate number of players (12)

Return to “Welcome To New Las Vegas”