Best time of the day to play Hive in Arena mode?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
vovanz

Best time of the day to play Hive in Arena mode?

Post by vovanz »

Hi! It's been a while since I've been playing Hive on the BGA website so I am very eager to try the new Arena mode.
However, I've noticed that searching for an opponent in Arena mode can take a long time. Maybe the average waiting time depends on the time of the day?
Could you please share at what time of the day finding opponents is easier from your experience? Please, don't forget to include your timezones in your replies
CarelessPanda

Re: Best time of the day to play Hive in Arena mode?

Post by CarelessPanda »

Same question. Does anyone play the arena mode?
Riker the Hound

Post by Riker the Hound »

My problem is usually that not enough people at my ranking play arena mode, so usually I'm playing against players 3 or 4 tiers above me. Bit depressing really tbh.
suprisefish

Post by suprisefish »

Most players are in Europe or America so I'm guessing evening on those continents in the best time. But if you want to play games against competitive players then the best thing to do is join the Hive community discord and ask for opponents there, or play in some of our tournaments. I think most of the competitive players are not really that bothered about BGA arena rankings, since the way the pairing works makes them fairly meaningless.

https://discord.gg/NQJRnjsQ
casualmale

Post by casualmale »

Most of Hive arena is played in turn-based mode. If you're looking for real-time arena then it'll be hard to find games consistently in my experience.

Return to “Hive”