Potion of the Ancients

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
MartoTom

Potion of the Ancients

Post by MartoTom »

So I played a game, in which a player activated their Potion of the Ancients, while they had 6 or so energy tokens in their reserve. They then chose the option to gain 4 more energy and then the option to crystalise the tokens in their reserve. What happened is that the game didn't force them to discard energy when they went beyond their 7 energy token limit. It allowed them to gain like 10 energy tokens and then crystalise them all. I think that is not the way this card is intended to work.

The rules are rather simple: at no point can a player have more than seven energy to-kens in their reserve. If a player already has seven energy tokens and a new action would grant them new ones, they may keep only seven from among their tokens, and that decision must be made before taking any new actions.

So the moment they would gain more than 7 energy tokens, the game should force them to discard immediately, as is in any other case. I am not sure why it is not doing it with Potion of the Ancients.
diamant

Re: Potion of the Ancients

Post by diamant »

MartoTom wrote: 29 December 2020, 08:33It allowed them to gain like 10 energy tokens and then crystalise them all. I think that is not the way this card is intended to work.
This is a known bug, which unfortunately cheaters exploit.

The development of Seasons is certainly complex, given the interaction of the effects of the cards, but it was done with insufficient rigor, and there are still many troublesome bugs not corrected to date.
MartoTom

Re: Potion of the Ancients

Post by MartoTom »

Oh, well, since it is reported, I guess it is up to the team to fix it up!

To be honest, I have grown tired of the game with expansions and have reverted to playing just the base game. The reason behind it is the lack of the expansion content in its wholeness, and merely more cards being added. This creates a lot of balance issues, which make the game worse imho. Has there been any talk on adding the other expansion content?

Return to “Seasons”