I keep getting "timed out."

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
bkhogstrom

I keep getting "timed out."

Post by bkhogstrom »

Hello. I'm an experienced koi koi player IRL, but brand new to BGA. I've been kicked off by opponents twice for going too slow, even though I seem to be playing within the limits of the game timer. My reputation is now 56%. I'm scared to play more games because I don't want to be penalized, but I need to learn what I'm doing wrong. Help?
MoiMagnus

Re: I keep getting "timed out."

Post by MoiMagnus »

You cannot be kicked out of a game without getting over the allowed time.
However, note that the end of turn "drawing and discarding/capturing" count toward your time, so even if you play a card of your hand just before hitting 0, you will go over time during the drawing phase.

It is unfortunately not possible to see the clocks during replay, so I cannot confirm for sure that you overtime, but BGA indicates you played overtime during 3 of your 4 KoiKoi games, and that in two of those instances the opponent choses to not forgive you for that and kick you out to win the game.

Reputation goes back up by 1 every game you don't overtime (any kind of game, not just koikoi)

Return to “Koi-koi”